Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Shops in St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Shops in St. Louis

Anybody know of any good shops in St. Louis for a timing belt service. Parktown quoted me $1800 for a tb/wp for a 02 a4 3.0. Thanks

Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Guru

i did my own on my 1.8t... i would probably charge about 600 + you supply parts.... i went through the old shop manager or reid vann for my clutch install

i am in des peres(270 and manchester)

pm me if you have questions

Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

Plaza Motors quoted me $1450. I would not recommend them for anything, however. When Audi issued a free timing belt inspection for my model they told my my belt was badly cracked and needed immediate repair. I had a mechanically inclined friend do mine for less than $500 (including breaks + rotors, plaza $900) and the belt was just FINE. My wife knew a VP at Plaza and after I showed him their repair slip for the inspection and the belt he said he was sorry and would make sure something was done about it. I got a free detailing out of it... but I will not go there for a tire rotation even in the future. I know I'm not helping your situation, but I wanted to get the word out about this situation. All other warranty work has been substandard. My fuel pump went out twice, once after they repaired a gasket thinking it was the problem, which left me stranded less than 24 hours after they had it in their shop.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

there is a place off big bend near "Harvest" restaurant.
a friend of mine told me about it. they specialize in imports only.
i'll try to get more info on it and get back to you.

i bet all dealerships of every automotive brand are doing what they can to make up for lost money in sales and therefore beefing up prices of service.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

Thank guys. I have sent an email to reid vann to see how much they will quote me and let you guys know too.

I have had good experiences at Parktown, you get a free loaner which is pretty cool, their work seems to be good. But.. they are usually a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 PM

yes, they treat me nice at parktown but they're like drug pushers.

when i had my A6, and it was out of warranty, i had some things done to it for 80K. don't remember the cost, but they quoted something i thought was reasonable for the work to be done. then when they have it on the lift, they call and say...oh yeah, it needs this, this and this.
then a couple months later something else went wrong so i had to take it in again. they swore that the current problem was unrelated to anything they did prior, but i'm guessing they did something to insure i'd be back in.

problem is that plaza is even worse. i'll never go there!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 PM

maybe we have power in numbers.
if we found a good mechanic, would he be honest and do good work if he knew this small st louis audi group would do business with him?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Guru

i can do a timing belt.........

but for work i can't i go to parktown and or jon rhodes who use to be at reid vann, he now owns his own place out in washington area.....

he was a grand less for my clutch than parktown quoted me

Old 04-12-2009, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Try Matt Osmoe - his own personal cars and the work he's done to both (which are Audi's) speak for his work. He has done work on my car and I'll take it back to him every time.

I'll PM you his email addy. Hopefully this link works and can show you the work he's done.
http://forums.audiworld.com/garage.p...&userid=113022

Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Guru

yeah but matt is on the high side of things... he wanted a little less than parktown did to do my clutch....

not that i wouldn't have him do work, but you would think someone competing with others would give a break in price, specially if you are not a full blow shop

Quick Reply: Shops in St. Louis