New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 A6 s line,new owner,Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 PM
1st Gear
Default 2004 A6 s line,new owner,Wisconsin

Greetings from Bimmer land !
I come from 1997 528i ,163,000 miles of bmw ownership,and if inspection goes well on Monday,i should be a proud owner of a 2004 A6 S line 2.7 T !
White with black int, 63,000 mint miles, i saw it on a cadillac lot on the way to work this A.M and six hours later, i made an offer !
It was time for AWD,and after being discouraged on what a new s4 goes for,and AcuraTl shawd was still pricey,i thought to give this a try !
This drives lighter then my Bimmer,i have to get used to it,and the seats not as hugging as the bimmer but,acceleration was amazing !
I know nothing about Audis,anything i should be aware off ??
Also is there one turbo or two ??
Please help and educate me on my new machine,i hope it serves as well as the last ultimate german enginnering did !!
Thanks to all,GreekAudi.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

I just got my 2004 A6 2.7T S Line this week also in dolphin grey. Its my third A6 in about 1 & 1/2 yrs. I knew absolutely nothing either. But if you go on the A6 section of the forum you will learn TONS by searching and reading. I post any questions that i have and the people are really nice and helpful unless you're a jerk and deserve it . I'm also trying to learn about the 2.7T S Line because i know nothing about the twin turbo and how it effects your car ....different suspension, oil, all the good stuff :/. The previous Audi's were 2.8. Hm what else can i give you as advice being a newb myself. Oh yeah save your money cause this one is gonna be expensive! Good luck and Congrats.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:13 AM
1st Gear

Those are the words i did not want to hear !
Can you be specific on what the big expences are ??
I thought about that,and i was considering bying new,and the 2012 acura tl is very attractive along with the Honda reliability but,i felt a bit uncomfortable with the nearly 50.000 price tag,so i thought to take a chance on this,i guess time will tell,if i can get good service for the next 5 years till my house is payed off and by then will see what the auto industry will have for us !!
Thanks again,keep in touch,GreekAudi !

Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

Probably nothing more than your usual maintaining. Only thing is Audi labor is a killer. You are coming up to that mark where u will need to do the whole timing belt kit change which is a pain in the butt if u ask me. If i were you i would invest in the VAG COM thing. Its worth it since the Audi's have so much going on with all the codes and stuff. I'm gonna invest in it hopefully later on in the year. Keep reading the forums and you will learn as i am at the moment. Good luck

Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

What is this vag com thing ?? Sorry, i am learning new lingo here,and at 54 years young,i come from the land of 69 roarunners and my favorite 69 4-4-2,you get the picture ??
As far as maintenance and money, well i owned my bimmer all these years so i know but.....the feel of driving great engineering is worth it!
Also i have an outstanding mechanic who i trust and is very reasonable,yes i know about the 75,000 mile srvice and i have a quote,which was not out of line !
Thanks for your reply,and explain this vag com thing when you can,thanks !!

Old 04-06-2011, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by greekaudi
What is this vag com thing ?? Sorry, i am learning new lingo here,and at 54 years young,i come from the land of 69 roarunners and my favorite 69 4-4-2,you get the picture ??
As far as maintenance and money, well i owned my bimmer all these years so i know but.....the feel of driving great engineering is worth it!
Also i have an outstanding mechanic who i trust and is very reasonable,yes i know about the 75,000 mile srvice and i have a quote,which was not out of line !
Thanks for your reply,and explain this vag com thing when you can,thanks !!
Um the vag com thing is a cord that connects to your car (somewhere -_- ) and your laptop computer at the same time. It runs the diagnostics on your car and you can also fix codes remove check engine lights etc. I'm sure there is a lot more that you can do with it but i dont know all of the details.