New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi European Delivery Program - Audi crashed my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi European Delivery Program - Audi crashed my car.

Would I buy a car using the EDP again? I don't think so.

Here is the problem I see with European Delivery Programs in general: you have accepted delivery of the car and you own it. They are merely transporting it for you but none of the normal packaging (covering the car) and loading procedures apply. You are an individual shipping your car back to your home country. You turn your car over to a shipper chosen by the car manufacturer and have no control over the process or communication. In our case the shipper was E.H. Harms. (Yes, I see the irony in the name). E.H. Harms appears to do most of the shipping for Audi and BMW, among others.

If I were to buy a high-end car like an R8, Porsche, or M5 it would be fun to drive it on the Autobahn. However, you are in the break-in period when you pick up the car so there are limits.

For any other models, I would get a rental car and just pick up your new car when you get home. EDP is good in theory, I am glad I tried it, but the risks of delivery and the car being out of your control are too great. Plus, the two months you are without your car while making payments reduces any financial benefit of a discount.

Full details on my website: SETHCOHEN.COM

Old 05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums (I think)

sucks about your car. I assume the shipping company is bonded. I would also expect that they compensate you for the inconvenience. If they do not offer compensation, raise a fuss.

good luck