New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings to all!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 04:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Greetings to all!

Hey there!

Just wanted to start off by saying "hello" to everyone. There are some who have seen me on many other Audi sites (go by the username: CyberPMG). I've bounced around many different forums to keep up to date with the latest info and rumors around Audi and their lineup.

I currently own a 2002 A4 3.0 (B6 8E) that was part of the first or second wave of the new B6 model to hit the US shores. It was built in August 2001, and I bought it in late October 2001. Up until this year, it had a rare color combination that was offered as a standard option for only a month or so. I have a Dolphin Gray exterior with the Beige interior.

I've done some mods to the ride as well. First thing I've done was to get a set of 18" wheels (bargain deal on eBay). They are Borbet Type R (18x8") wheels. Unfortunately, they are now discontinued, but I've managed to scoop up 3 more for spares.

Next, I decided to address the non-Sport suspension by replacing it with H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks. It now sits slightly lower than OEM Sport, but still provides a smooth ride when out on the roads (and very tight when taking turns!).

The next thing I've done was to chip the 3.0 engine. I went directly to Wetterauer's US office in Indiana, and had them chip it on the spot. The added torque (+21 ft/lbs) is noticeable on takeoff! [sm=smiley16.gif]

Early this year, I've had the opportunity to address the braking system (as I had experienced serious brake fade when out on the track). I live in NE Ohio, so I have to deal with winter weather as well. Therefore, my solution was to replace my OEM rotors with a set of OEM 2 piece floating slotted rotors from ECS Tuning ( ECS Tuning ), a set of Hawk HPS brake pads, and flushing out the brake fluid with Motul RBF600.

I went with the floating rotors from ECS for several reasons:[ul][*] Able to use OEM 16" wheels for winter use.[*] Use of aluminum hat = reduced unsprung weight (23% savings).[*] Slotted design in rotor ring to aid in venting any gas buildup from pad/rotor contact.[*] Costs a lot less than a BBK for similar gains.
[/ul]

Finally for a bit of show, I was able to get the windows tinted (35% all around).

Looking forward to check this place out. [sm=smiley14.gif]

Here's a few pics of the car as it is right now:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1907/8DC7567EACD142FC909388C56FB00977.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Greetings to all!

Oh yeah... forgot to mention that I'm coming up fast on owning this car for 3 years and have close to 74,000 miles on it. [sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 08-03-2004, 05:07 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum FatRings! Glad to have you on board.

I remember you from other forums. Your ride is sweet, too.

If you're interested, click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list.

Hope you stick around. We are happy to have a forum where the dialogue is friendly and the attitudes are positive - just an all-round bunch of nice guys and gals. The archived info continues to grow, too.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:50 PM

sup paul...guess who this is..haha anywho just registering and seeing what this place was all about..

Old 08-03-2004, 07:22 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum Robbis!

Glad to have you on board, too!

Old 08-04-2004, 12:27 AM
2nd Gear

Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here. Nice pics and very nice ride. How much did your suspension lower your car? And did you have to roll the fenders with your new wheels?

Old 08-05-2004, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Doose

Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here. Nice pics and very nice ride. How much did your suspension lower your car? And did you have to roll the fenders with your new wheels?

I had the non-Sport suspension when I bought it. The H&R Sport springs lowered the ride 1.7" up front and 1.6" in the back. The springs work better for the A4 with the 3.0 than the 1.8T. Since the 1.8T is lighter, the front doesn't drop down as much (only about 1.5") that makes it look like the front is jacked up.

The wheels fit perfectly with no need to roll the fenders.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

Just wanted to say I dig the ride Paul!! But Jebus man, 74,000 miles!!! Good Lord!!

Old 08-09-2004, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: norcaltrojan

Just wanted to say I dig the ride Paul!! But Jebus man, 74,000 miles!!! Good Lord!!
hehe! I'm doing about 35 miles each way to work. Then I've taken it on road trips from NE Ohio to Louisville, KY once a year, a few times to Columbus, a weekend on the track at Mid-Ohio (serious fun!), and a long trek to the D.C. area.

This car is excellent for taking long trips! I also like the longer trips to/from work to wake me up in the morning and de-stress from work in the evening. [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

This car is excellent for taking long trips! I also like the longer trips to/from work to wake me up in the morning and de-stress from work in the evening.
Ha ha, I know what you mean. Although I don't have to drive 35 miles each way to/from work, but I'll be with the Los Angeles traffic I have, it takes me just about as long as you. And I only have to go 13 miles each way!! [sm=icon_quiet.gif] You're right though, it is nice to have the buffer zone before and after work!