New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All, New '01 Avant Owner Here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello All, New '01 Avant Owner Here!

Hello everybody, I guess this will be my new home now. I am excited about my new 2001 Audi A4 Avant Quattro! Also, I have a few problems and am hoping I can get some help/answers here.

#1. I don't have the electronic half of the key. The cut key works but there are no buttons for the auto-locks. I do not know where the electronic half is and the other key they gave me is just a regular sort of key without the switch blade and place for the electronic part to attach. I know that if I had the number I could just buy a new fob, but I have no way to get that number.

#2. I found a service that fixes the ABS pump, but is there one that will send me a fixed pump and then I can send the broken one back? Like an advanced replacement program sort of. I am willing to pay more for this service, I just can't be without my car!

#3. There is an engine light that says there is a problem with the catalitic converter. The guy I bought it from said it might be just the O2 sensor. There are no emissions laws here (gotta love WI!). Is there any way for me to rig it up so that the check engine light goes off? I don't really care if the emissions are bad, I just want the cheapest fix possible.

Thanks for the help fellas!