New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello everyone, new audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello everyone, new audi owner

So I'd been hunting for the right car for over 2 months now and I finally pulled the trigger on one. Unfortunately finding a well-maintained twin turbo with a manual in my area is pretty difficult. Those that I did find were either obviously abused, stupidly expensive, or both. It was quite an annoying search too, because so many people don't have the brains to list what type of transmission the car has in their ad. This meant contacting dozens of people on the odd chance it might be a manual. But all the searching finally paid off.

About a week ago I sent my friend to go check out the car for me, it was 3.5 hours away, because he was going through there anyway on his way home. He couldn't have a more positive outlook, and this is coming from someone who knows cars and how to find their flaws. So I smashed out first thing in the morning to take a look myself. When I entered the seller's house I got my first hint, everything was spotless. He was a contractor who bought the car new off the lot. His attention to detail showed in the vehicle too. He kept almost all the service records, all the parts were genuine OEM and purchased from the dealer. The car had not been modified in any way. The transmission felt buttery smooth, without the slightest hint of syncro damage.

I knew this car had really been babied when on the test drive with his wife, getting a bit aggressive on the throttle had her white-knuckling whatever she could hang onto. Obviously neither she nor her husband ever drove this beast to its potential.

So I did a bit of haggling, noting the few minor cosmetic issues and managed to get a great deal. I was super excited, and the drive home was even more classic when I ran into an S8 on the road who joined me in weaving through light traffic for about 30 miles on 680. I still can't believe how well this car handles.

I've got some plans for the future, but before that I want to go through it and address any mechanical issues which have been neglected. I plan to keep it tame looking on the outside and beastly under the hood. At this point in my life I'm no longer interested in attracting more attention from cops or thieves than needed.

Thank you all for reading my intro, I'll post some pics later when I get a chance to detail it and take some.