New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Hello from Montreal

Hey all,

I recently decided that it was about time to sign up to Audi forums, seeing as I love them so much. Sadly I don't currently own on though

However, I do currently drive an 2008.5 Mazda 3 GT, with every dealer available accessory aside from sat nav. Great car, fuel economic, practical, reliable and still fun to drive!

I do some small work for mightycarmods, such as moderate their forums and write for their magazine so if anybody have heard of them, would be cool to hear about how you did!

Some random info:

I've always loved Audi's, which is thanks to my dad since he's only ever owned Audi's in his life. You see back in the 80's when the 5000 had the whole scandal regarding the unintended acceleration, my father saw right through the whole issue and decide to capitalize on the falling prices in the used Audi market and was able to snag himself a 5000 for almost pennies due to everyones panic. Since then, he upgraded to a 5000cs turbo quattro, A4 B4 2.8 and currently drives an A6 C5 2.7t.

I became interested in Audi's naturally from him but growing up I started to see Evo's and STi's in similar lights that I saw Audi's in. Naturally I took a liking to rally. Upon learning that the Audi Sport Quattro S1 was the godfather of all modern performance cars (integrating a feasible awd system into a small package) I took a dive into group B racing history. Amazing with what this car was, what it did in it's time and it's impact on today's car, I became infatuated with it as it combined my newly found interest of rallying and my love of Audi's. Then I looked at price tags for the URQ and my heart shattered.

Short term goal for owning an Audi:

So instead I've decided I would like to do the next best thing: restore and upgrade a coupe gt.

Now that I've got some spare time and some saved up cash on my hands, I've been lurking the internet in hopes of finding one for cheap somewhere relatively near my home (within a days drive)

I have my eyes set on one in particular but I'm not guaranteeing anything as of now but it would be cool if I could snag it!

My hopes would be to restore the body to the best of my ability and to swap in a 10v turbo, heck even a 20v would be great but I think it's a little out of my budget.

If any of you guy's have any threads that you could link me to that might help me out or have any suggestions that would be great.

Looking forward to chatting with you on the boards!

Oh and be sure to check out mightycarmods

Thanks,

Jmac (:

Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

Sounds like an awesome project that you intend to undertake. We do have a few members that are doing/have done some similar things. You might find this interesting: CLICK
That is one of our members here. You may find that website to be a more valuable resource for the kind of project you want to do.

good luck

have fun

keep us updated

Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Willkommen to the forums!

Sounds like an awesome project that you intend to undertake. We do have a few members that are doing/have done some similar things. You might find this interesting: CLICK
That is one of our members here. You may find that website to be a more valuable resource for the kind of project you want to do.

good luck

have fun

keep us updated
Thanks for the nice welcome 02A6Beau

It's a bold and far fetched plan but I like to think it's the right stepping stone. It's just a matter of obtaining the ressources: car, engine, wiring diagrams, write ups...etc so I'm slowly starting that process now.

I know this isn't necessarily the best forum in terms of resources for what I need but I like all audi's in general so it doesn't really matter to me

I'll do my best to keep this forum updated but chances are not many guys will be into this sort of thing haha.

Oh and thanks for the link too! Certainly a similar project that I'm hoping to do just on a different car with different starting points

Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 AM
1st Gear

I just love your blog.Thanks for posting it.i have something that someone comeback againshort sale attorney new york….there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here…I must say,well done...i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is....colours attracted me a lot....i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is.... a very decent and nice blog...i like it so very much...