New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from NJ! Proud new owner of an A6

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Hello from NJ! Proud new owner of an A6

What's up everyone? Checkin in from NJ.

Just traded my 1995 Nissan 240sx for a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T.
I'll post pictures later, but def stepping into a new automotive world.
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-17-2010, 12:24 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to AudiForums. There are plenty of members in NJ, I hail from Morristown. Can't wait to see the pics of the car. The A6 forum should answer plenty of questions you may have.

Happy Posting!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Thanks man! Morristown ay? nice, I'm from Mt. Laurel. I'm gonna have to check out the euro scene in jersey and maybe you could teach me a few things! lol

i'd post pics now, but I'm at work. bah...lol..

Old 08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
3rd Gear

No worries. Throw them pics up whenever. The A4 guys have regular GTG (get togethers). We just had one in Binghamton. It's always a great time and anyone with an Audi is invited. Check out the Regional Section (specifically NorthEast) and you can keep track of events.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

I will def check that out. Thanks!

Here are some pics of my 240. It's definitally a different taste.

The car was specifically built for function over form. Brand names did and still don't matter to me. As long as it works for its purpose and at a good price, I'm in for it.
I like to break the mold of the automotive world and I've got plans for this A6

Here are some pics of the A6 (not my shots - grabbed from the sales ad)

Name:  DSC02200-1_wm.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  99.4 KB

Name:  DSC02221-1_wm.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  DSC02194-1_wm.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  183.4 KB

I'll try to take my own shots soon.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:34 AM
1st Gear

Welcome, I, too am from Jersey. Plenty of Audi's in jersey.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

Why thanks! I never see any Audi's modified by me. Dying to meet up with someone and learn more about them though or even just hangout at a car meet with.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
3rd Gear

Looks like you got yourself a CLEAN A6. Love the shots of the 240 as well. Even Audi guys can appreciate an import (just no RICE!). There should be some decent mods you can explore for the 2.7T see here:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/tips-suggestions-new-2-7t-owner-55914/, if you cannot find good info here, head over to Audizine.com, they should definitely have any and all information over there.

Just remember, as with every automotive forum, use the search function first. The guys here are pretty decent about letting a few things slide, especially since you are new, over at Audizine, they will drag you over the coals!

As far as the meets go, there are local meets that you can find, but they tend to be a little cliquey if you don't already know someone. Like I stated before, we have regular meets in Binghamton, NY, here's the link if you want to see what goes on:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=155062
Great bunch of guys, will treat any and everyone with respect. We have a great time every time we get together. If you can make it, we are planning another meet for either the fall or winter. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by ObnoxiousDrunk; 08-18-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:26 AM
1st Gear

Thanks, it's definitally a clean platforum to work off of. Just gonna worry about maintenance and tune ups first before planting down some modifications. Already checked over to Audizine for some tips. Thanks for all the suggestions!

As for that meet up in NY....damn that's a hike...
I'll see about coming to one of these when I have the cash and time, lol, anything more central jersey? I've come to realize I've never seen any tuned up Audi's in/around my town. I'm a lone wolf! aahhh!

Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by VinnyMac
Thanks, it's definitally a clean platforum to work off of. Just gonna worry about maintenance and tune ups first before planting down some modifications. Already checked over to Audizine for some tips. Thanks for all the suggestions!

As for that meet up in NY....damn that's a hike...
I'll see about coming to one of these when I have the cash and time, lol, anything more central jersey? I've come to realize I've never seen any tuned up Audi's in/around my town. I'm a lone wolf! aahhh!
There are more tuned Audis in this state than you know my friend, trust me. Binghamton is a hike, but well worth the trip both for the fun, but also the technical aspect. If you need anything fixed, modded, or just want to see how to work on something, the NY meet is the place to be.

Quick Reply: Hello from NJ! Proud new owner of an A6