New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 03:40 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Hey

I agree about the RWD. Good analysis on both though. I'm much more comfortable with Q, and I know it better, so I'm clearly biased on that...

Old 09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

RWD/AWD - each has its advantages. AWD is more certain in many respects - but in general I thiink RWD can be more fun. With the BMW (really a very fine car...) I realised how much I missed a really sporty RWD car - my last being a Supercharged MR2...and my Mustang is not at all for high speed cornering.... I also have to give the S4 & Quattro some credit - as I've found I can do certain corners - particualry in the wet - much faster (and certainly thrillingly as well..) then I have been able to manage in the BMW (but also still reaquinting myself - pushing those limits...still it tends to lose grip much sooner - even with the Pilot Sports...but thats also part of the fun as you can power around...). In general I would say the BMW handles the twisties a little better (faster...) - but its close...and both do quite well. I've always had fun in the S4 powering around BMWs and such in the sweeping corners (at extra legal speeds!)...and I know the BMW driver just can't believe that a wagon (!!) is flying around him so fast...power on - its the only way!

And as good as the stock S4 brakes are - and they are nice...the brakes on the Bimmer are just supreme (not talking track here - don't know...). It can stop on a dime - and very confidently. The lighter weight is also a factor of course.

Old 10-12-2004, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

welcome nice nice car