New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey to all

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Hey to all

Hi guys,

I have just bought my first ever Audi (!) - 2000 A6 Quattro 2.5 TD. So far I am very impressed with it, I find it superior to my BMW in quality and drive (plus of course it doesn't just go in circles in the snow!) Sounds very nice too

There's a couple of little problems with it which I am in the process of sorting - both seem to be things that Audi got challenged to recall over. The ABS ECU was not working and was not detectable on the local garage's diagnostics - I found the thread relating to this issue, and the husband and I removed the ECU today and sent it off to be fixed (not a bad job except for the snow!) The other problem is with fuelling, it's using more that I would have expected, and it ran out of diesel in our first week of ownership (very embarrassing as we had to get the RAC out to bleed the system, even having walked to the garage and got diesel) reading just under half a tank on the fuel gauge. I am going to try some fuel additive, failing that I think it's senders off, seems like quite a common problem on Quattros. Let's hope the additive cures it

All in all though I am very pleased with my purchase, will let everyone know whether getting the ECU repaired fixed the ABS problems, and if the fuel additive fixes the creative fuel gauge

Cheers

Morgs