New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got my first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Default just got my first Audi

well, I'm not really new to cars... I've had a couple of turbo hondas and a couple of mk3 toyota supra turbos, an rx7, and random other ****. but i went out a couple months ago and spotted an 01 A4 1.8t Quattro 5 speed, test drove it and fell in love. since purchasing it totally stock ive done a couple little bolt ons... currently its got an ECS test pipe, Forge 007 dv, forge boost controller, a drop in k&n filter, a godspeed fmic (which is a waste of money btw- the "kit" doesnt fit for ****) and i replaced the first factory muffler with a section of 2.5" - but still use the stock rear muffler... i got bored and painted the stock wheels black and i tossed on a CF engine cover...
oh- the car is silver with black leather. love it.

right now im on here because im being lazy while replacing the rear wheel bearings. and i have an i-have-no-idea-why boost issue... car spikes 15psi and immediately drops to 0-3psi... i replaced that factory boost control solenoid with the forge boost controller... and cant hear or feel any boost leaks... turbo spools fine... idk. car produces a loud knocking sound when first cold started... but after less than a minute it stops for the whole day...

anyway. once its all fixed up and i've replaced all the wheel bearings, tie rods and bushings, stopped the knock and ****. i plan on selling it and picking up a b5 S4 around january... cause i rarely keep a car for over a year.- but im hooked on the whole audi thing now