New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease-return questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Default Lease-return questions

In December 2005 I got a 2 year lease on a2006 A4 S-line 2.0T. After two weeks of heavy haggling, I was bait-and-switched into a car without Quattro (I never would have stepped foot into the dealership if I thought I would get a front wheel drive car). But that's a story for another time. My lease is up this December and I was hoping to hear some advice from those who may have gone through the lease-return process. I am planning on simply returning the car, but yesterday I rubbed up against a pole as I drove up to an ATM machine (see pics). So my first thoughts were, "no big deal, Mexico is only 30 minutes away and I can get this fixed for $200 and it will look great." But then I reminded myself that this is a lease and the end-of-lease inspector might notice the repair. So I went to a local body shop here and got an estimate for $1600. I guess that was the biggest ATM "withdrawal" I ever made .
I am thinking I will just go through my insurance ($500 deductible) and get it fixed at the dealership so thatI don't worry about anythingwhen Ihand it over in two months.Is there any reason I would not want the dealership to know this boo-boo happened at all? Anyone know what the lease end inspection looks for? I have a couple scratches, should I get them touched up? I'm not worried about miles as I'm 2K miles under. I noticed a "Lease return fee" mentioned in the lease agreement, but no amount, anyone know how much it is? Sticker price was $40,010 and my buy price will be $29,000, would it be less of a hassle to just buy the car and sell it? There is no way I'm keeping this car, not with this POS CVT trans and front wheel drive.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Lease-return questions

you want a "long" post, you should see some of MINE!!!

Not familiar with teh lease-return process, but, I have had a few friends that workled at stealerships that dealt with leases. 1st off, id DOES say, SOMEWHERE in the fine print, how much they will SOAK you, for being over. Expect it to HURT!!! 2ndly, you'd ALWAYS be better off fixing it yourself (assuming it's a good, quality job and not a bondo & spray-paint fix) rather than letting teh stealer pay to fix it,and pass teh cost on to you, which they would do. You'd be paying pemium pricing but they'd be getting the cheapest bondo & spray-paint job they theihnk they can find. Buying teh car yoruself and trying to sell it is a good way to lose money TWICE, I believe.

Maybe someone with some actual lease experience will chime in with better advice...

Good luck.

Jazz