New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 AM
1st Gear
Default need help

sup guys, I'm ricky, i recently purchased an 2008 audi a4 2.0t quattro. currently a college student, and am interested in working on my car because the dealership over charges. so my problem is i tried to do my oil change, but instead of draining my oil i think i drained my transmission oil instead. but i cannot find where the transmission filter is..help me please

Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

First thing you need to be sure of where you drained the oil from, check the dipsticks. In some newer cars transmission oil change is not a service item, check the owners manual. That being said, in most cars the transmission oil filter is attached to the valve body, and the transmission oil pan need to be removed to get to it.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

pete, i tried to find the dipstick, couldn't find it, the owners manuel didn't say anything about transmission fluid. i tried to google and youtube it but that didn't really help either

Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Senior Administrator

I don't suppose you cud take a pic with your phone, of where you did drain the oil from (the underside of your engine), and post it up? It may help us more quickly aid you in finding teh correct spot/identify if you're totally wrong.