New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new 2.7T A6 owner from Wyoming

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:42 AM
1st Gear
Default new 2.7T A6 owner from Wyoming

hello everyone, my name is Joshua and i just bought a 2000 A6 with the 2.7T & 6-speed manual last Thursday i found it on craigslist in the Denver area. the ad says 92k miles but it actually had exactly 93,818 when i bought it. it just past 94k miles on the way home from Colorado and ran flawlessly the whole way. i took this pic just a few minutes after i bought it. i haven't even had the chance to wash it yet.

it took quite awhile to find a NICE one that has been well taken care of with less than 100k; not to mention one equipped with a 6-speed manual and in my price range. i'm glad i waited because i really feel that i found the PERFECT car! it is 100% rust free, and not a dent or even a ding on it. just a few scuffs/chips here and there. i absolutely love it it runs, drives, and looks almost new. i'm not sure what is standard and what is an option on these cars - or if it has any kind of option package for that matter, but it does have power moonroof and front/rear heated seats with black leather interior.

the previous owner maintained the car religiously from what i can tell...it came with a big 'ol pile of receipts; most of them from Audi dealerships in Colorado. he owned it since early 2002 when it had less than 20k miles (i am the 3rd owner). he was an older gentleman in his 70s that had to sell it due to health problems. and yes, it has already had the timing belt, tensioners and water pumps replaced although that was back when it had ~67k miles. that alone was a big factor in my decision to buy this car. both rear upper control arms, both upper front control arms, tierods, headlight washer pump have been replaced and a few other things. he even kept receipts for oil changes, coolant flushes, and bulb replacements! it just had a new windshield installed and 4 new Yokohama tires installed less than a month before i bought it. the guy even filled the tank for me before i left for home! i think it still has the stock turbos though. i would like to eventually upgrade but would rather go with Garrett DBB turbos rather than K04s. but, the go-fast mods are for later. the first thing i want to do is tint and replace those awful stock wheels with some 18" ASA AR1s and possibly lower it.

anyways, this is my first Audi, my first foreign car and my first AWD car for that matter. it is so nice to finally have traction off the line! i have had quite a few turbo cars in the past and do alot of my own work. although i have to admit this may not be the case with this A6. my other cars are all very easy to work on. i'm looking forward to learning as much as i can however!

later

Last edited by twinturbosedan; 12-13-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Nice find. I hope to find a comparable deal here in Littleton!