New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 AM
1st Gear
Default New to Audi

I thought I'd introduce myself with an explanation as to how I picked Audi to replace my wife's Lincoln MKZ.
We do a lot of long (1,000-3,000 mile) road trips with friends so this car needed to meet the associated needs. We also wanted AWD.
Here is what we looked at, what we are purchasing, and why.

2014 BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Mercedes Benz C300 and Cadillac ATS were just to small for our needs. Back seat and trunk space.

2014 Lincoln MKZ - even though we've had no problems with my wife's current one, that we will be trading in, wife does not like the looks, inside or out, of the new model.

2014 BMW 5 series and Cadillac CTS - both are beautiful, but I cannot get over not having a spare tire traveling in rural areas - both of these cars have run flats, getting and putting a spare in the trunk would take up too much trunk space. Cadillac actually suggested that if I get a flat, say in Vermont on a Friday night, that all I would have to do is rent a car until I can get a new tire on Monday!

2015 Audi A6 Quatro, Premier plus

Mercedes Benz E250 sport model- this car, optioned to match the Premier Plus Quatro A6, was $13,000 more, and it still did not include leather - that is an additional $3,000! It also did not seem to handle as well as the BMW, Audi, or even the Cadillac for that matter.

Our decision: We are ordering a 2015 Moonlight Blue (so dark its almost black) with tan interior A6 Quatro, Premier Plus - it'll be a 8-12 week wait but that is not an issue for us.

Glad to be here.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Senior Administrator

You had me at:
Originally Posted by 'Ski
I picked Audi to replace my wife's Lincoln MKZ.
Welcome to the family. There are other, more technically-oriented Audi forums; and some that are mostly teen-aged fanboys just looking for an excuse to point and holler "Ne0b," and I'll gladly let you know which ones rank where on my "go there for technical-help"-scale if you like. But, I like to think we strike a happy balance between fanatic and fun, around here. Be sure and visit the A6 section, where those who think much like you like to hang out and compare notes.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

Welcome!