New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default New to Audi

Hello,
I am the proud owner of a 2018 A5 Cabriolet Prestige. It's my first Audi!
I am looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum! You've made a perfect choice, I'm sure it looks great!

Old 08-11-2017, 07:45 AM
1st Gear

Wow it is amazing.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:49 PM
1st Gear
Default 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet

Hi, I am new to this thread. I ordered a NEW 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet in 2014. It was my FIRST Audi!!! I loved it initially. Sadly, it has had EXTENSIVE repairs. Since delivery (1/22/15), it has had:

-3/16/15 MIL light on repaired warranty but could not be run as initially factory installed (overlay). Hoping that does not cause issues later.

-6/22/15 AC compressor replaced-warranty

-1/08/16 engine coolant light coming on, then warning to immediately stop car-had to be towed, dealer said likely an air pocket.

-7/14/17 engine coolant light came on. Audi arranged car tow to dealer. Water pump was bad AND bad servotronic steering. Those had to be fixed--warranty and the tow truck did $4k of damage to my car on delivery.

-Keep in mind I have a convertible and I live in Illinois. I did not see my car again until 9/11/17. After it was repaired by the body shop it was taken to the dealership to have the TPMS checked as I had a flat previously and the light did not come on. They lost the paperwork for 2 days and didn't even know the car was on the lot. I have post traumatic stress disorder from all the lights coming on. I swear I am just waiting for another light to come on. I have never had such a bad new car experience. This is like a bad used car experience. Sadly I have no confidence in this vehicle and I won't drive it far. I have a case file open with Audi, but so far they are not working with me on a trade in or buy back. The dealership called on my behalf recently and said Audi would call me back on Monday. They never did. I have had 5 non regular maintenance repairs plus 2 regular maintenance visits in 2 1/2 half years. I should not have to go to my dealer this often with a new car--every 4-6 months I am there. It's getting old.

Anyone have any suggestions or advise? If I do not get a trade or buy back I will go to a different manufacturer once the warranty is up on this car. I just can't trust it. Makes me sad. I loved the way it drove all year around--when it drove. Unfortunately, I have a call into service again as my brakes are making a cracking sound now like the bad steering did before. Lovely.

If this is in the wrong place in the forum, please feel free to remove. I have never joined a forum before. Just had to share my "audi experience", which sadly is not what I had hoped for or dreamed of.