New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
1st Gear
Default New Guy

Hi, I just got a Black 2001 Audi s4 6 speed manual. As of now its completely stock. I have no idea when the timing belt was changed so that will be happening this weekend with a kit from ecs tuning. I'm looking forward to finding out how to change it. If anyone has any suggestions as to what else I should do to my audi, suggestions are very welcome. I am in college so nothing too crazy yet but Im looking to change it up a little bit instead of keeping it stock.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Wilkommen to the forums

audiworld.com tech articles, under the resources tab has a lot of DIY stuff. you should be able to find a couple timing belt DIYs there. not a difficult job but timing consuming (took my dumb *** about 20 hours). be sure to do a lot of research first and post back in the forums if you get stuck. plenty of folks willing and able to help.

read the stickies in the sub forums for a lot of good information. if you are a "poor" college kid learn to drive like grandpa. parts are ludicrously expensive. labor (if you can't DIY) is even worse.

good luck

Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Fortunately I am pretty good with DIY work. I got the timing belt and water pump along with the other "get it done while its apart" parts. It took me and my brother 15 hours total, not too bad for the first time doing it. Now i'm looking into what would make it sound the best without breaking the bank to buy a cat back exhaust.