New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy from Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 PM
JDF
1st Gear
Default New guy from Colorado

Hey so I just joined, name's Justin. A little about myself, I'm a huge Mustang person, however I'm not one of "those guys" that bashes every other car out there. I was given a 95 Audi A6 2.8l quattro by a very good friend however it doesn't run, so I joined this forum in hopes of getting some answers to my various questions. Umm, I'm 19, currently going to college for my Automotive degree (not the fancy UTI or Wyotech degree though) and I work at a local Honda dealership here in Colorado. I'm a pretty laid back person and yeah, hope to get to know everybody on here and learn some things about my new car.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 AM
1st Gear

Hi and welcome.
Sounds like you have a project on your hands. I have the same car but a 97 and am doing a complete top end rebuild, when I get the chance.
I have so far found out everything I need to know on these forums.
You sound like a tech type so you might want to invest in a vag.com reader. It will read Audi specific trouble codes as well as generic odb codes. You can buy copy vag readers on eBay but they are known to be problematic. So for a career mechanic you should really go for the original. There around $250 and up I believe.
Have fun and good luck.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

Lots of good information and people to be found around here. Good luck getting the A6 going. I think it will be a definite learning experience for you.

have fun

Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
JDF
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brityank
Hi and welcome.
Sounds like you have a project on your hands. I have the same car but a 97 and am doing a complete top end rebuild, when I get the chance.
I have so far found out everything I need to know on these forums.
You sound like a tech type so you might want to invest in a vag.com reader. It will read Audi specific trouble codes as well as generic odb codes. You can buy copy vag readers on eBay but they are known to be problematic. So for a career mechanic you should really go for the original. There around $250 and up I believe.
Have fun and good luck.
I may just have to do that. I'm hopin it won't be a major project, but then again, it's a great way to show that I can apply what I've been learning in school.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:39 PM
JDF
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Willkommen to the forums!

Lots of good information and people to be found around here. Good luck getting the A6 going. I think it will be a definite learning experience for you.

have fun
Thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know everybody on here.