New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new on here and need help on mods.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:11 PM
1st Gear
Default new on here and need help on mods.

i have a 98 a4 1.8t automatic.........i have a manual boost controller, hks intake and a milltek exhaust. i want to get more mods but i dont really know what to get......so can someone let me know....

Old 07-07-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: new on here and need help on mods.

CHIP it... somewhere around $500
Tip Chip if its tiptronic (I would think so since its auto)
suspension
cheaper mods: tints, clear corners, black/smoked lights, painted lowers

https://www.audiforums.com/m_700266/tm.htm
check this out ^^^ thnx to chaos92287

Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

chip it ok...where would i go to get a chip....and how much power would that add......

Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Get a front mount intercooler. APR makes a really nice one thats efficiant too. the external pressure drop is only 1.0 psi, unlike others that drop2 psi and airflow misses important things like ac condensier and the radiator. also neuspeed makes an nice ecu chip, also does apr but nuespeed is cheaper. i have a neuspeed and it nice and it only cost me 200. raises it to 14.7 psi and 40hp with a k&n air filter. there a little pricey but there good and engineered well. chttp://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/intercooler_fmic.htmlheck it out!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

there's lots of talk about who has the best chip and which one performs the best. pretty much they're all the same. the link I show is GIAC. they're recommended for B5's and are more torquey. They advertise around 50hp gain, but realistic its not that high. You'll be boosting around 15psi instead of around 5psi stock. (not counting boost control) Definitely best mod for your car worth the money you spend! I see you have an intake and exhaust so that will help big.
http://giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=54
they're working on getting them flashloaded so wait like 2 weeks before you get it, then all they have to do is plug in through your OBD port.
here's the map of dealers that have 'em
http://giacusa.com/dealermap/

Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

when you get chipped you'll also have to upgrade your DV. There's a couple choices... If you have the money go with something more expensive like: forge 007, bailey's, etc. search DV on here and you'll get lots of ideas.
If you want the pssshhhh sound try the forge 004. It can be customized to be part DV part BOV. BOV gives you the psh sound. Our engines don't like when the air is 'pshed' lol out. Can create damage, but some run them just fine.
Or if you just want a cheap one that can handle extra boost get the 710n. That's what I chose (tight budget). It comes stock on the TTs. YOu can get one for around $40. PM s4tech, i think he still has one used. I got mine from him.

I have a 99.5 1.8T auto so we're in the same boat...

Old 07-07-2008, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

hey lawnferie, i already have a turboxs racing blow off valve so i should be ok there right.......so then if i already have a boost controller what will i be boosting with the chip too....and what would be a safe psi with the boost controller and chip......and what do you think about a frontmount intercooler...and thanks man you have been a great help

Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

where did you get your chip from.......and what kind of mods do you have done.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audia4boy24

where did you get your chip from.......and what kind of mods do you have done.
go to the giac website and look up your model to see how much gain you recieive... Btw Giac is the way to go in chipping for a b5. Then if you have a authorized dealer to install the chip you can go their but id advise just doing it through awe-tuning.com. They have instructions on how to remove your ecu and send it to them..

Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

check this out it should answer majority of your ?'s... https://www.audiforums.com/m_700266/tm.htm

Quick Reply: new on here and need help on mods.