New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member in Austin, TX, US

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 AM
adm
1st Gear
Default New member in Austin, TX, US

Hey there everybody,

I joined this forum 5 days after taking delivery of my (then) new 2007 A4, and I didn't post anything until tonight when I rediscovered the forum - one year later.

I've decided I'm not doing any performance mods until the warranty runs out, but since I drive over 20k miles a year that should be too long. Until then I'll just pine inwardly.

I've always been tinkering with cars, but never got into the different scenes out there. Until I was driving an Audi with a warranty I had never been a customer of a repair shop. Between my dad and I we did everything, except for balancing tires From oil changes, to rebuilding intake systems, to body work, to painting.

I started out buying my first car (I bought it, not my parents) when I was 15. An '87 Mustang LX Convertible. It was a good first car; and being a Ford it was pretty easy to learn the basics of mechanic'n on. But having grown up in a '87 Quattro 4000CS, I felt very deprived.

Fast forward a few years, I bought the 4000CS from my parents (who replaced it with a 2003 A4 1.8T) and have been in an Audi ever since. (Sad note, my sister was rear-ended in the 4000CS last month. She was fine but the Audi didn't make it.)

A couple years later I bought the 2003 A4 from my parents, and sold the 4000CS back to them.--My mom decided she wanted to try out 2006 330i (which I can't stand driving btw.)

A had the 03 for a year and then sold it back to my parents so it could go to one of my other sisters, apparently we play musical cars.

I then bought a brand spanking new 2007 A4 S-Line with the Titanium package. I'm a sucker for black, and I figured that I'm buying a car I plan to stay in for at least 10 years, might as well get what I like. Who doesn't want black trim with a black headliner with a black interior with a blacked out grill with black wheels? The only things not black on the car are the gauges and the logos. It almost sounds like too much of one thing, but it works quite well.

Anyway, I posted a question about my Sirius radio in the electronics forum, and I tried to answer a few other questions/leave a few comments here and there. And now I'm going to bed, its 0315 here!

Old 10-19-2007, 04:18 AM
adm
1st Gear
Default RE: New member in Austin, TX, US

Oh yea. I forgot to add:

I've never owned an automatic, and never plan to!

Although the DSG in the A3 did make me think twice about that.