New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MUSTANG guy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:24 PM
1st Gear
Default New MUSTANG guy!

Hey guys, I am a new member here just saying hey. I have been and might always be a Mustang guy. We have 7 of them currently...

66 Coupe: Cruiser
86 GT: Brothers 12 sec. daily driver
89 LX: My 12 sec. toy car
91 LX: Dads 9 second race car (being built)
93 LX: My 4cyl daily driver
94 GT: My sisters 13 second daily driver
06 GT: My brothers 13 second toy car

So needless to say I have been around them forever which is why I have the 93 as my daily driver. Well I just graduated college, and decided I don't have to worry about drunk morons in the parking lot messing up my new car, so I am in the process of trying to find the right 2002-2004 A4 1.8T or 3.0. It has to be a sport and has to be a manual (only 2 of the Mustangs are autos, and one of them might be getting a 5-speed swap very soon).

I am not one of those brand loyal people. I love all cars and fell in love with the A4s. I was looking at G35 sedans, Acura TLs, BMWs, Nissans etc... but the one car I kept going back to and never had a doubt about, was the A4 with the sport package. It looks awesome, they ride well (I dont mind a little harsh because of the lower profile tires and sport suspension), and have all the options I am looking for.

I don't plan to mod it much (22 and already have a toy car) but maybe some tint, chip, exhaust, diverter valve, small things to make it a little better. I plan to debadge the decklid as I saw someone do on here, but other than that I want to drive it, and take care of it. I willbe making a post in the A4 section asking all about the cars, what to expect and what not to expect.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to being here and finally owning one!

Old 05-26-2007, 02:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New MUSTANG guy!

Nice, I want to get a mustang some day...I've always loved them

Old 05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

Yeah it's a fun car to have and modify!

Old 05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

oh hate to say it im trans am all the way, and since it always been a rivalry i dont think il ever hop into a stang. thats tight though, oh and to prove my point my bros got a 10 sec 01 trans am lol

Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

owned an 85 GT all through college, great car. Now have an A3, love it. Last week rented the '07 'stang and while the car drove great and sounded awesome(tuned after Steve McQueens car in Bullitt), the interior was really cheap looking and feeling, but the car drove really goood

Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 AM
1st Gear

Yeah my brother has an 06, as you can tell. Its a nice car but way different then the older ones. To me it feels big, heavy and just too smooth to be a Mustang. I love it, dont get me wrong but I will stick with the fox body!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:37 AM
1st Gear

I'm in the same boat. I own a 68 Mustang that I restored from the ground up. I just purchased my 03' a4 as a daily driver last week... so far i'm loving it. Its a little underpowered, but I'm planning on chipping it, which should be plenty for a daily driver.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 AM
1st Gear

That sounds exactly like my impressions, Mustang owner, A4 feels slightly underpowered and will be getting chipped to make it all better.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 PM

Hey, you'reatThirdgen.org all the time huh? I'm 87tpi over there, I have a 91 Formula with an AFR headed 355. Anyway, I just bought an Audi too, kinda wierd how we both ended up over here too. Have any pics?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:21 PM

Seems like the same position I am in. I'm looking at gatting an A4 later this year as my daily driver. I currently have 3 mustangs, a 68 and 67 coupes and an 01GT as my daily driver. I'm sure an A4 will feel underpowered, but I won't mind when I am not fillign up at the pump as often. That and the interior in the Audi's are tops.

Quick Reply: New MUSTANG guy!