New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New in town.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Default New in town.

Hi everyone. I'm obviously new to the forum. I'm going into the Air Force in about six weeks and looking to find/purchase a 2003-2004 model Audi A4 3.0 Quattro around Christmas that I definitely want to make some modifications to. I'm somewhat familiar with some of the larger companies that deal with Audi Tuning (one of my friends had a 2001 A4 1.8that he'd tuned), but I'd like more technical information and tips on the car before I actually buy one. This place looks like the place to ask questions and do a little research!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Default RE: New in town.

Welcome, unfortunately if you have your heart set on a 3.0 you will be disappointedtofindthat there is minimal tuning out there for them. Aside from a chip, intake and exhaust you won't find much for the naturally aspirated 3 liter motor. If you decide to get a 1.8T, 2.0T or the b5 s4's 2.7TT I think you will have more fun finding parts for your application.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM

That's cool. I'm not trying to blow anyone's doors off, so adding a little umph tothe 220hp and 221ft-lbs of torque that's already therewill be fine for me for the time being. This will be the car that I've customized, so I'm not looking to do but so much. As far as the engine is concerned, I wouldn't want to do much more than what's already been mentioned. I'm also aiming for a little more aggressive stance, a set of wheels, a nice sound system, and a clean looking body kit. I guess I'm not looking for a rocket as much as just looking for a nice car to make a few simple mods to. I've alwaysliked the Audi because of its simplicity in design, and I'd only want to accent what's already there. Still doesn't hurt to know what all is out there. [8D]

Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM

With that being said I think the 3.0 will suit you well. With a nice set of wheels and a lower stance I think it will really shine.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:17 AM

Most definitely. I drove my friend's 1.8T before and after he tuned it, and I still just missed a six cylinder engine. I have to fault some of the lack of performance after the modifications to the fact that they weren't balanced, in my opinion. New exhaust, but no intake. Performance chip, lowered stance, but I think the wheels were too thin and not wide enough (they looked good on the car, though). He'd added a short shifter and a sound system, and that godforsaken BOV (man... is that nitrous?!). It was still a quick little car, but for my own personal car, I wanted a little bit more. After taking that car on many a trip, I definitely know that any Audi is a head turner because there aren't but so many people that own one. Definitel some good times in that car.