New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a noob to boards...but....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Not a noob to boards...but....

...a noobie here.

I searched here a number of time, as a guest, looking for answers, but wanted to register so I could put in a good word for Mike at Ringer Racing...

I ordered the Stern motor mounts, snub mount and transmission mount for my B7 A4 s-line, 7 speed automatic.

Mike was in extremely good contact with me throughout the process, shipped fast, and the parts seem top notch. Put them all in last weekend and been fiddling with them since, finally got them the way I want now.

Install was a cinch, except, as anyone familiar already knows, for the passenger side, top bolt. Got me a stubby wrench in there, and except for the 16th turns, no biggie...

Can really feel a difference in response, shifting seems tighter, quite pleased. Got a little bit of excess vibration right as you put it under load, but I think I'm going to live with it, and maybe try to deaden whatever interior component is making the worst noise. Feels a little more like a racer now.

I *might* have stripped the middle bolt that doesn't seem to do much in the way of holding the transmission to the mount in the first place...gonna drive it a bit and see if it falls out...I couldn't entirely figure out how that whole mechanism supposed to work

My B7 A4 is in moro bleu pearl, and I am currently blacking out all the shiny bits...I'll look around and maybe post some pics laterz.

Thanks to Mike and also the board for my past research!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Senior Administrator

Thanks for the info. And, thanks and welcome for finally registeriing.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Thanks for the info. And, thanks and welcome for finally registeriing.

pretty good resource for opinions, resources and ideas...mine's finally out of warranty so I'm going to be doing a lot more DIY