New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Default Please help me

Okay look. Im new at audi forums. here's my problem. I bought a black 1996 aidi a4 for about 7000 on march 1st 2006. My car had all of the maintence records from the time it rolled off of the lot until i got it. basically it was taken really really good care of. When I bought it, I only brought it to the dealership. I brought it in a week before June 9th to get an oil change. They said nothing was wrong (at maplewood audi in saint paul minnesota) so I drove it. A week later (on june 9th,) the car started on fire and I lost my car. I only had accident insurance (not full insurance because I couldnt afford it in my area) so i was kinda screwed. I brought a law suit aganst audi and finally sued them in october of 2006. The judge told us to go into mediation before we went into court. During mediation, we setteled. and they said the would find me a car that was near the same mileage and options as my car and sell it to me for wholesale price (my burned car had 113,000 miles and had a 5 cd disk changer with a sun roof). we went back into court after we wer done in mediation (this was all on the same day) , and the judge said the following to me. "If this case comes back into my court, you'd better have an expert witness or else you will lose". Well, I knew that no mechanic would testify against audi because of the liabilty they would inccur, also that they can't testify against work they didn't see perfomed. So I was in a catch 22. Maplewood Audi has offered me 2 cars so far. The first one was a 99 audi a4 quattro (mine was a front wheel drive) that had no CD deck and was teal (extremely lame assed color) I said no because it was a basic model car of that year (because it didnt even have a CD deck). So they went looking and found me a new car. The car they recently found me was a 96 audi a4 quattro thats pellican blue. it has 160000 miles on it. I was just wondering, do you think im getting a good deal if I buy this car??? please let me know. I'll add pictures of my old car that was burned if you want me too.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:01 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Please help me

The best thing you can do is try to get the 99 if ti is a 1.8T you made out better than you would. In the end it is up to you but try and get a good motor you can always pant the car