New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to be Rs6'ed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Want to be Rs6'ed

Hello all. I am in the research stage for my next ride. I am tired of fiddling with stock slow cars, and I am always a person to trying a pick a car that is original, maybe wont be seen often modified or juiced up. So I think I have narrowed down my search to an early 2000s Audi RS6 Biturbo V8 saloon.

I know there are other cars out there that meet the same performance standard this car does, but the rare factor is appealing to me. Audi's hot rod S cars and RS cars also play into my yearning to look stockish or not that fast, but actually be a stick a dynamite ready to exploded at any moment. So the Audi RS6 has made a short list of cars I may want to purchase because of all that.

The main selling points to me with this car are the fact my girlfriend can probably and will most likely drive this thing on rare occasion, the automatic transmission and the fact I have heard these cars are tame when just driving normally. The fact the 4.2L VW group v8 is used in many cars, though not in exactly the same form, means to me that parts shouldn't be to rare or possibly to expensive to drum up. That same reason also means the engine is well proven, and probably has good solid longevity. That reason along with the next reason is why I have thrown out the idea of getting the S6 V10. Last but not least, is I can modifiy the car. Maybe only with bolt ons but there are mods to be had, I assume.

So I come here to research. If any of you guys have any pointers please give me a heads up on whats up. Other cars I am considering are the CL600/S600 V12 benz, Dodge Viper's, Acura NSX's, and welcome any other suggestions for cars I may want. I want to spend less then $36,000 and will be buying around the beginning of next year, or when I come back to the states for R and R in December.

So thats about all I have thank you for letting me be a part of your community.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

The RS6 will fit your needs, but the NSX would be a more reliable and cheaper choice

Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

The nsx takes a hit because it has 3 less seats and is considerably slower then the rs6. I also think short of forced induction or a motorswap the after market is weak for those cars and growing weaker. I know the same probably holds true with the rs6 in that department though. Are the rs6's really that unreliable and prone to failure? Everyone keeps talking like they are and I just don't believe it.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

yeah I guess your right by the 3 seats, but you will be considerably slower with those three seats full. Audis/VW havent really been known for reliability. The 4.2 is a great engine though. It just goes down to what you really want. The RS6 is sexy and would be my choice, especially if I could get my hands on an avant.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 AM
1st Gear

Ya I keep hearing that. I think an rs6 would be considerably faster then an nsx. I like the saloon a lot more then the avant

Old 08-17-2012, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

great it seems like the saloon is the way you want to go. let me know how it goes

Old 08-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Administrator

A chipped C5 RS6 is a beast. The only downside is the automatic transmission that it came with as the only option.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

I assume the autos aren't that strong either or they? It's a real shame Audi choose a timing belt over a chain for these cars to.