New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcom ME

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Location: Originally from Connecticut Now in New Hampshire/Manie
Default Welcom ME

Whats going on? I'm Jay, a Auto tech originally from Connecticut not in New Hampshire/ Maine. I've been messing with the automobile my whole life so hopefully I can provide some help full info. As I'm here to gather info as well. New to the Audi but very much a new fan so I'm mostly interested in seeing the best ways to upgrade these things, common problems, and preventive maintenance.
I'm also a new shop owner. So Quit possibly interested in trade and sales.
Well nice to introduce my self
See ya'll in the forums

Old 02-16-2010, 06:28 AM
2nd Gear

Hey Jay, welcome to the forums. It's nice to have a new member in our neck of the woods. Maybe we can help each other out with mods and such, although I'm not too familiar with the 2.8.

You will find a wealth of knowledge on the stickies posted here: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/
This one is a must-read for anyone with an A4: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/newbie-guide-version-2-a-80968/

Last edited by a2thy; 02-16-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 AM

I've read alot of stickies and they have alot of info. thanks man

Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Default thanks

Originally Posted by a2thy
This one is a must-read for anyone with an A4: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80968
yea read that, awesome guide

Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 AM

So, NH/Maine leaves a lot of territory open...but if I have to make a wild guess, somewhere in the Portsmouth area?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 AM

I work in North Conway, NH and live in Bridgton ME

Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM

I'll probably be through the White Mountains sometime this summer.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 PM
2nd Gear

Cool that you live in Bridgton. That's only 35 minutes from my house. In Maine that's practically neighbors. I live in West Paris. It's a small town that's not too far from the mountains.

I love the White Mountains, lots of great roads that our cars were built for. If either of you guys ever want to meet up let me know.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 AM

YEA I KNOW WHERE WEST PARIS IS. I JUST MOVED UP HERE ABOUT 10 MONTHS AGO FROM CONNECTICUT. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SETTING HERE. ANY WAYS YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ABOUT THE ROADS. MOST SUCK BECAUSE OF THE FROST HEAVES BUT SOME ARE GREAT. LIKE THE KANKAMANGUS HIGH WAY, ONE OF MY FAVES. THATS A ROAD RIGHT OUT OF THE COMMERCIALS...

WOULD BE COOL TO HANG OUT. MAYBE GET SOME MORE AUDI DRIVERS AND TAKE A DRIVE. ALTHOUGH YOUR CAR SEEMS LIKE I MIGHT BE A LITTLE EMBRACED TO PARK NEXT TO IT. JUST PLAYING MAN.

ME AND MY BUDDIE ARE GOING OUT TO PORTLAND TONIGHT. SHOULD BE WILD AS USUAL.

PEACE MAN!!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, frost heaves suck big time. They ruin otherwise perfectly good roads. One thing I've been wanting to do is take my car out on one of the lakes around here. Not much snow this winter so all the lake ice has been nice and smooth, but all these warm days we've been having lately makes me a little apprehensive about risking my life as well as my car.

Hahaha, I'd be embarrassed to park next to my car too. I'm finally about to get around to giving the exterior the TLC it deserves.

Portland is awesome. My brother lives there so I go all the time. The Old Port is where it's at, more bars per capita than anywhere else in the world.