Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

BOV or DV

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:02 PM
1st Gear
Default BOV or DV

hey everyone
this is my first post here
i have read the newbie guide version 2 but still wanted to ask something

I have an 07 audi a4 2.0TQ. i was plannin to put a BOV on it for a cooler "pssh" sound. but when i was talkin to my mechanic he told me bout a DV valve
never heard of it before. i dont know if that makes any cool sounds or not
but which one would be a better option? a BOV or DV?

ive read that there are hybrid ones too.

do BOV damage any part of the engine/exhaust etc.
i wud really like to get something with a cool sound
but m open for suggestions and might change my mind

also, what is a recirc valve. someone told me recirc valve is better than BOV. but i have no idea if it is or not.
thank you

Last edited by mercenary; 07-24-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

Audi's are meant to run DV's ( Diverter Valves). Unlike a blow off valve which releases the air the turbo makes once you let of the gas, a DV recirculates it back into the system. IF you use a BOV, you will get error codes and your car might run rough and in the long run you might cause damage to your engine/turbo. However, there are people that use BOV's in Audi's, its just not very safe or reccomended. I myself have bougth a Forge Splitter, its does both release to atmosphere and recirculate so you can get that sound you want and not cause any harm to your engine

Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by yuriy
Audi's are meant to run DV's ( Diverter Valves). Unlike a blow off valve which releases the air the turbo makes once you let of the gas, a DV recirculates it back into the system. IF you use a BOV, you will get error codes and your car might run rough and in the long run you might cause damage to your engine/turbo. However, there are people that use BOV's in Audi's, its just not very safe or reccomended. I myself have bougth a Forge Splitter, its does both release to atmosphere and recirculate so you can get that sound you want and not cause any harm to your engine
my mech told me about gettin a forge product.
so if i buy a splitter will it be safe for my engine/turbo or there are gonna be problems later on? how safe is it ?

p.s: i edited my first post a little stating bout recirc valve.