Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

CO2 Intercooler sprayer.. opinions

Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 AM
1st Gear
Default CO2 Intercooler sprayer.. opinions

So this is what i'm thinking.. Everyone knows how a intercooler sprayer works and I know i've read people saying "CO2 takes the oxygen from the engine and you loose hp and there are dyno's to proove it" well here is the thing with those dynos.. they have sh*tty little fans blowing at the intercoolers and they are sitting in the same room.. no duh if you spray co2 some could get in the airfilter you're SITTING in the same room!.. but if you are on the track and you hit it in 2nd or 3rd gear doing 40mph+ i'm thinking anything being oversprayed is going to be sucked under the car and left way behind. (see what i'm saying here) Think of if you are in a room with a smoker and a fan on.. ur still gonna be breathin in that smoke. now sit in a car with a smoker and his cig out the window.. no more smoke!

and for those who say its not worth the money for a kit you are totally right.. cause u can make one for next to nothing!

~Just get a co2 regulator to drop the psi down to like 150 coming out of the bottle.. u can get this off ebay by searching for welding supplies or a kegerator they are like $15 for one that handles 4000psi and can drop it to like 1psi
~An electronic solenoid for an airhorn and connect it to a switch in the car $3 if that.. (when u hit second gear hit the switch and just spray the intercooler with freezing cold co2 the rest of the way down the track. when you finish turn it off)
~some thin copper tupe and drill small holes in it for the sprayer itself..
~get a co2 tank filled.. connect it all together with some cheap vacuum line and its done.

I really cant see this taking much more then 3 hrs to do and maybe $40 max.. I plan on doing it this spring.

correct me if you see anything wrong in anyway.. I really just wanna take it to the track on a hot 85 degree day and do a few runs without and a few runs with, i'm banking on about a .2 second drop ave.. cause i really think dynos aren't a good judge for this and we all know cold air adds HP.. just my $.02

Old 02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: CO2 Intercooler sprayer.. opinions

I could see this working if you have the intake sealed off from the rest of the engine bay. Kind of like the heat shield diy. CO2 will get to the intake if its not sealed off although it would bediluted its still present. I say go for it and make a diy while you do it. Make a few runs down the track with & with out the CO2 and post result. gl

Old 02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

thats prob what i'm going to do.. I have the stock air intake setup on my 99.5 so i'm thinking about buying some thin aluminum from homedepot and welding a shield that goes over the top of the intercooler this way overspray can only be sucked under the car.. Like i said i plan on doing this in spring so i'll let everyone know then i'm sure.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm make believe

why not just get water/meth injection? it will get temps far lower, acts like race gas (lets you increase timing and/or boost) and cleans the cylinders. Plus it would be far less to run and can be run at all times. Check out the snow performance stage 2 @ usrt.