Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

DV/BOV?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Default DV/BOV?

Hi i have a Audi A4 1.8t i'm planning on buying a boost controller and a DV/Bov? I was wondering if anybody has recomendations on brands i read alot about LLatek Dv/Bov and the GBS Stealth and the Greddy SBOV? any gains in HP with certain ones? any reviews?
Also how much do you think i can boost with a stock setup and Dv/Bov?thx for any positive comments i'm new to the AUDI game....

Old 08-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Default RE: DV/BOV?

yes you are new. anyways read A4 forum first before you make a new. You need a DV.

NO BOV

You need to get a chip, no boost controler. "93 octane" chip is a good start in the road of tuning.

and again READ A4 FORUM FIRST THERE IS ALL THE ANSWERS

Old 08-20-2006, 05:25 PM
2nd Gear

i love newbs.... DO NOT GET A BOV IF YOUR CAR IS NOT TUNED OR DOESNT HAVE THE SOFTWARE TO RUN IT... searching is a good because 9 times out of 10 that topic has already been covered.. I dont mean to be harsh its just a common question that many ppl ask and ALWAYS get the same answer... as for the stealth many peeps have ran it with no problems reason being its a hybrid very diffrent from a standard bov has a valve so you can tune the air to be recirculated.. you will not gain any power from a dv or hybrid bov just regain the power you lost with you stock pos one

Old 08-22-2006, 02:08 AM

There is no power gain from a DV over a BOV. All a DV does is help reduce turbo lag not boost your power. You can get a boost controller if you wish but you will also have to get an afc, piggyback system or a SFMS. As far as BOV you have to tune your car so that it will not run rich when the air is vented, not hard to do but many hours of work.