Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Nitrous Express N-Tercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Nitrous Express N-Tercooler?

I have a'97 Audi A4 1.8TQM, and I want to get some solid horsepower gains above what I have already done without spending a ton of money or adding nitrous. Has anybody heard anything about the Nitrous Express N-tercooler? Aparently it adds around 50 hp by some decreasing the temp of in coming air? How does this system work exactly? And is it 100% safe to use on an Audi 1.8t? Thanks for your help!

Old 08-15-2004, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Nitrous Express N-Tercooler?

I haven't heard of this product specifically, but I have heard of a C02 intake cooling system. Can you post a link to the site for this product? David_K and I had a discussion about this via personal message. He's a lot more familiar with the C02 product than I am. I'll pm him and ask him to take a look over here.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

www.nitrousexpress.com

Old 08-17-2004, 04:26 PM
3rd Gear

I'd consider the additional work that NOS requires - even if their system will work in the Audi.

Here's an old quote of mine from the S4 Forum back in May:
NOS isn't such a good idea....

Wet or dry systems have different yet inherent problems. NOS, in general, requires a lot of supportive modification. You will need to add the NOS before the MAF for proper readings which, in itself, is an unorthodox method of NOS injection - it poses additional problems. Of course injectors need to be upgraded, etc.

There is a lot to do - I wouldn't opt for it unless you are tech heavy with NOS. It has been done by some people with a lot of tuning experience and with NOS experience.....

....It will take experience and a lot of massaging to get it right. It's not going to take a tuner who has experience with NOS alone; he will need to have solid knowledge/experience with Audi closed loop turbo systems, too.

Old 08-19-2004, 09:46 PM

I have the NX n-tercooler kit and it really does make a difference. i have a fmic though, if you were to stick with the factory side mount id go with DEI CryO2 setup. and Imolas4 this has nothing to do with nitrous oxide exept for the compony that makes this tool. it is CO2 that is sprayed onto the front of the intercooler to lower the intake charge.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

yeah, no N02 here just a little C02 thanks for the suggestion though.

what i have learned from turbo honda applications is that the ntercoolers and variants do make noticable power increases, ON THE DYNO. you see on the dyno we can't simulate street driving conditions, ever thought about how fast that air is going through your intercooler at redline in 4th gear? yeah those little fans they setup at dynos cannot simulate this, and since the intercooler is not getting its total effectiveness when you hit it with some Co2 it more accurately simulates normal driving conditions. so in summary on the dyno the intercooler sprayers will show signifigant hp figures, while on the street the intercooler sprayers are more likely to be barely felt, unless your intercooler is not setup to maximize airflow.

in closing, WASTE OF MONEY, unless you build it yourself, then it might be worth the $30 you spend.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:15 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: greenday

yeah, no N02 here just a little C02 thanks for the suggestion though.

what i have learned from turbo honda applications is that the ntercoolers and variants do make noticable power increases, ON THE DYNO. you see on the dyno we can't simulate street driving conditions, ever thought about how fast that air is going through your intercooler at redline in 4th gear? yeah those little fans they setup at dynos cannot simulate this, and since the intercooler is not getting its total effectiveness when you hit it with some Co2 it more accurately simulates normal driving conditions. so in summary on the dyno the intercooler sprayers will show signifigant hp figures, while on the street the intercooler sprayers are more likely to be barely felt, unless your intercooler is not setup to maximize airflow.

in closing, WASTE OF MONEY, unless you build it yourself, then it might be worth the $30 you spend.
Hello i'm new here and by means a expert however I've played around with Co2 sprays some and I do believe that they enhance the performance somewhat. Using your explanation about "real" street driving I think the effects are better felt on the street than on in a dyno environment and the power gains are probably "more" substantial than thought. Knowing that if we can cool the charge temperatures prior to combustion we can see power gains. In my very un-scientific ways and very uncontrolled test environment I made some tests using a hand held snap-on pyrometer. Measuring the the FMIC (Not on a Audi) I gained or should say I registered lower tempatures of in some cases near 65 degree's cooler with the Co2. average was around 49/50 degree's lower. Tests were run with and without Co2 in 1/8 mile dashs in about 92 degrees ambient air. Boost was limited to 14lbs.
7.8 et's with out Co2 and 7.6 w/Co2 in the 1/8. Roughly a 45 hp gain. In closing I believe its all relevant to the theroys of wind chill effects. Again I'm no scientist but I think it works on that same principle. Cold CAI is good.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Banned

does anyone know if the dei intake kit cools the air better than the actual ntercooler sprayer?

Old 03-06-2005, 03:00 PM

Thousands of times better. And you can route the CO2 to the intercooler after it cools your intake charge.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

hey have you ever wired one of these things up before in an audi by chance?

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express N-Tercooler?