Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Remote Mount 2.8L Turbo FOR SALE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Remote Mount 2.8L Turbo FOR SALE!!!

I appreciate you response and you youth as well. I understand your situation. Your ambition is great though. When I first bought my car, I was in the same situation. But slowly, you'll gather some green and then start the experimenting you developing. I encourage all of the younger members to give it a shot. Its not hard to figure out our cars.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, now I can start saving up my money. Well...after christmas more like it. I even applied for more jobs, maybe that will help out the money situation, or make me more tired. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. monday-friday isn't too fun, but I'll work 7 days a week to speed up the process of making an awesome car....awesome-er. Though if I do start building my own thing, there aren't any performance shops for hours around my town. So I would pretty much be on my own to make it work.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:14 PM

I just want to put some 2 cents. The reason I am not doing the kit right now, isnt becouse I dont know how, but becouse there is not enough time till the winter.
I dont have a garage, and I dont wana freze my ***** off.
However all is figured out, even tuning, but not the program
Anyways I actualy want just 250 crank HP. however the kit can go to 325HP on all stock motor. on 2.8 12V.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

This is a bad *** kit you got going how long were you running it? Also got a concern about the intake being possibly hydro locked being down there not just by water but snow getting packed up in there. Did you drive it through a winter (not sure where you live but a winter with a decent amount of snow)?

I've got a 3.0l but my exhaust doesn't join together there like the 2.8 does so i'd need a ton more exhuast work, or two turbos anyway i'm glad some one is uncovering a way to make some power. So when you step on it how long before the psi kicks in?

kakarot- hey you got your parts yet? i know its winter but now is the time to pick out deals for parts on ebay you got a few months till the snows gone. Its freezing up here in alaska 9 degrees this morning.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:28 AM
1st Gear

I have updated the kit that is for sale. There is a new price and a new turbo included that is better suited for the car. It is the same size as the gt30 and will fit with all the same piping. I really need to get rid of this kit soon so please e-mail me if you are serious about purchasing it.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

Could someone just use a Vortech FMU (Fuel Management Unit) for the fuel management. Its only 7psi and thats what alot of Honda guys run on a FMU and their engines hold up well.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:13 PM

man if I wasnt doing my SC, I would definatly buy your kit.
but I cant get boths, its eather SC or TC for me, not enough green.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 AM

do you have one that works for the 12v AFC engines?

Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 AM

do you have one that works for the 12v AFC engines?

Old 12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Buttery Cracker

Could someone just use a Vortech FMU (Fuel Management Unit) for the fuel management. Its only 7psi and thats what alot of Honda guys run on a FMU and their engines hold up well.
I do believe that will work, however as I was doing my research and some information I got from Kakarot, I found out that this engine is pretty strong and can hold such an extra load as 5-7psi and not exceeding approx. 250hp without tuning. If you want more power, which this kit is definitely capable of, a fuel management system with be necessary but in addition to that, you need ignition timing to be tuned to prevent detonation as well. If there is such software available to you then I would use it.

Also, mbando, if I can just get a picture of your under carriage and exhaust track I can see which pipes to use to make a bolt on kit for the 12v afc. It will not be difficult considering engine position and displacement is the same, so the turbo, oil system, wastegate, and all other parts excluding certain exhaust piping will work. This is because I have found in my research that the exhaust track in the 12v cars are slightly different.

Quick Reply: Remote Mount 2.8L Turbo FOR SALE!!!