Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

sts unerversal turbo kit?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Default sts unerversal turbo kit?

first off hows everybody doin? im new to these forums andi just bought a 96 a4 2.8 quattro w/ a 5 speed and am looking to turbo it because theres no way im spending the 5200 on the motodyne s/c, my car all realy has a intake and axle back and stuff to make it sit lower and look good lol its leaves 2nd doing 62mph is that good for these cars? anyways back to subject i want to do the rear mount kit and you guys know more about these things then me what am i going to need for the tuning i want to run like 6-7 lbs of boost if i can and need to know what i need for the tuning part of it. also in other threads i saw the intake pipe looked wayy to low to the ground is there a spot to tuck it up in? ima bike guy so if you guys can jus deal with me id apprechate that thanks.

-brian

Old 09-07-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: sts unerversal turbo kit?

Rear mounted turbos are have not been perfected, just poorly installed/half assed on the forum. Think your better off jacking up the car and create your own path to solve the problem

Old 09-07-2007, 07:27 AM

you could probably buy some othere sc (one that mounts on the side) and rig it to run for cheaper then doing a rear mount turbo. all you'd have to do is fab a bracket and make space then run some piping to your throttle body. go get it tuned and yyou'l probably come ou cheaper than rear mount turbo

Old 09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm make believe

That would take some real talent to poll off

Old 09-09-2007, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

Yeah depending on what kind of blower, it'd be anywhere from very difficult to next to impossible. (Assuming you're on a budget, of course.)

A rear mounted turbo could be done... but it'd be a pain in the ***, and truth be told, probably not worth the effort involved. (MHO, anyway)

Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm make believe

if you can get it to fit and run it where the mid muffler is, you have tons of space for it. So if your ballsy, get the sts univerals kit and start from there.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

be careful, i dont know where you live and all but down here in florida you do a rear mount, kiss it good bye. cold shock from water after you have been running all day, since you are lowered,and suddenly you get your daily storm, its just not a good idea, myroommate cracked his block last week during a storm, (side note its a 05 tiburon), but just think of it that way, tho it makes a neat sheen on the water when it happens from the oil leak

Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 AM
1st Gear

I've seen them on a few 96 2.8's. mostly because you cant put any normal turbo on them. somone theres a write up on how to do it. I forget where i saw it, but its somone with a red 96, 2.8 with a sts system on it.

The system itself is pretty sweet, i think your making around 300+ with a few other supporting mods.