Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Supercharging an Audi 5000S?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Supercharging an Audi 5000S?

How hard would it be to supercharge an Audi 5000S? The engine size is a 2.3L. Would it be hard to to put mabey a Paxton supercharger and any other brand of centrifical supercharger? I don't really want to get a turbo for the car because it has an already high compression. It is currently from stock is at 10.1 compression ratio. Would I have to do anything different to be able to put a supercharger on.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Supercharging an Audi 5000S?

On thing that i forgot to add is that the car is an 87 model year.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 AM

so how SC would be batter, [retardical question] but wish to answer it

Old 04-11-2006, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

I know SC is not as good as Turbocharging. If I was to TC I would need to do more things to get the engine ready for it. Like for instance, I would have to lower the compression ratio. Then I would have to get the assembly from another engine to make if fit correctly. Right now I wouldn't know of anyware to get parts for the assembly. So I thought that SC would be easier at the moment. But I know in the future, I will put a turbo on my car. I'm still contiplating on wether to do a turbo or a supercharger. One reason I was leaning towards a supercharger is that the power would be right now. Rather in a turbo you have a slight lag. Plus the SC would give more power to the low end but it also takes a bit of the engine power to power the system so there isn't a considerable amount of gain as would be in a turbo. I was also trying to think of the ease of use of possibly putting it in. But wither a turbo, you can get a considerable more gain because your useing the waste energy from the exaust to power it so that is were you get the significant gain in power. Your not using power mechanically to produce power. Its just going to take me a while to choose wich setup I want. I have plenty of time to do so because I just have to get the car in a better running order before I do that. But I also thought about combining both systems together like I belive I have heard that it might have been Renault or Peugent (Sorry if I miss spelled both of the auto manufactuars name,) during the Groub B monster rally cars back in the day. Still trying to decide what to do.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:18 AM
5th Gear

You can still turbo the motor its not gunna blow up

Old 04-11-2006, 11:11 AM

ye, 6 to 8 psi would be "safe". you can almost eliminate lag if used smaller turbo.
its easier to turbo that to SC.
here is how to turbo coustom at your home or anywhere.
get the turbo, the GT28 and GT25 would be good here becouse they have internal wastegate(easy). You can try ebay and get some from there.
get a welder, I think a mig. buy to the turbo both flanges. and the gaskets.
then, remove the exaust manifold. When its out. just see how good the turbo fits.
if its okey and the exit points to the exaust, cont
take the welder and cut the manifold enough to weld in the flange.
after that simply plug in the second flange into the exaust.
then reinstal evrything with new gaskets.
then install something like piggyback, tubes.
use laptop to tune the car with piggy back.
enjoy, boost low and safe.
the gain would be around 30% of power. safer that NOS.

it might be not as easy, there is expirience, and space and peaces, so it might be harder that I wrote. you might will have to remove the part that comes after.
but you also could cut the flange and weld in the manifold peace. :-)