Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

which turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default which turbo?

I can't decide on which turbo to get. I like the GT2X eliminator and the K04.

But i hear that the K04 doesn't give you that much of an increase if you already have a chip.

Which one do you prefer? Which one has the least ammount of up-keep.

O and if I do get a turbo, what size injectors should i get because i have no idea

Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Default RE: which turbo?

how deep is your pocket?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

For the 1.8, i would say go for a 20g or 16g. (The 16 g is in the evo) which is a 2.0l. I would def. suggest getting a fuel and boost controller. you could get 650cc injectors, you will have enough fuel for anything you throw at the turbo. The only problem with those are that they are big and you willhave to be pulling fuel which does cause detonation of your engine. If you could get a size smaller then the 650s go for it and you will be set. If you need more fuel later on get a fuel return line kit and you will be set! Hopefully you get around 300+. Too bad you dont have a srt-4.. It takes me exhaust, intake, aftermarket wga, and 20 psi to hit 300's all day..lol! anyways good luck bud and be safe!

Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ok sorry srt4o i dont keep following you around but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to audis.
dont get a 20g or 16g.
if i were you get a kit. get the gt 28 or 2871 turbo kit.
650cc injjectors are way way over kill. on my t3t4 i ran 550cc. you wont need anything larger. chip your car. you cant just throw fuel and boost in and hope it works. you have to have the right timing and a/f.
i dont have an srt4 beuase wheel spin is a bitch.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

As for a reply to the initial question....It really depends, KO4 can get you some decent power, and you can definitely get more gains than a chip, run a KO4 with the GIAC pc-16 file and with the right supporting mods could net you almost 280hp and GOBS of torque. As for the GT2X, I'm not really sure if anyone has come out with a good tune for it yet, maybe someone else can pipe in about this one.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

Seriously... I had a 98 neon a long time ago that I modded the crap out of... Then got a Supra... So I had FWD speed then RWD speed and decided to get an Audi w/Quattro over a SRT4... I could have had a faster car and a warranty for not much more then what I payed for my Audi but you know what... The SRT4 is FWD and when you ride in it, you still feel like your in a neon... Nice seats and nice steering wheel, but your still in a damn neon... The Audi is soo damn classy and with Quattro, I can take corners like a mad man, cut into dirt or loose gravel and not worry about a thing...

SMo'

ORIGINAL: Jeff

ok sorry srt4o i dont keep following you around but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to audis.
dont get a 20g or 16g.
650cc injjectors are way way over kill. on my t3t4 i ran 550cc. you wont need anything larger. chip your car. you cant just throw fuel and boost in and hope it works. you have to have the right timing and a/f.
i dont have an srt4 beuase wheel spin is a bitch.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

ok...can we PLEASE not let srt4 dood hijack another thread.......

Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 AM
5th Gear

lol no ****

ORIGINAL: MissionCtrl

ok...can we PLEASE not let srt4 dood hijack another thread.......

Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Jeff

i love how the a4/passat guys just say gt28 is that a r or an rs? There is a big differance in both performance and in cost.

But go with a atp hardware kit (doNOT get the mika tuning) and get some sw. Pending on your power goals will depend on what turbo you will go with. A gt28rs will get you right around 300whp and torque. and a 2871r can get you around 350whp if not more pending on tuning and supporting mods. Or if cost is an issue go with a t3t4 50 trim with a .48 turbine for quick spool or .63 for more top end power. This turbo can easily get you 300whp to near 400whp pending on mods.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 AM

seriously SRT4O what the hell are you doing on these forums telling people with audis what to do with there cars when you drive a freaking neon.your telling them to put a 16g or 20g turbo!!!what the f!!!what a joke, and no its not to bad i dont drive an srt4 i drive anice car you know an audi, but at the end of the day you still drive a NEON!!!ha ha

Quick Reply: which turbo?