Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

What would be a good turbo for a 3.0L

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: What would be a good turbo for a 3.0L

I hope that all sounded good in your head but....you really need to read the books, or at least the garrett link i posted above.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I hope that all sounded good in your head but....you really need to read the books, or at least the garrett link i posted above.
Dude, dont know what you have read, but its sounds like you are basic ricer.
Flow and preasure ratio calcutlations are only to calculate apropriate size turbo.
bigger turbo leads to more flow (theoretically) but all turbos will flow almost identicall amount of air or CFM for you, at same boost and same engine RPM and same throatle position and same charge temperature. So size here doesnt matter. Power is made from extra air in the system, and stufing engine twice as much produces twice as much power, for you in lemans terms. Twice as much air is 14.7psi guage.

ALL TURBOS AND SUPERCHARGERS WILL FLOW SAME AMOUNT OF AIR AT SAME BOOST AT SAME ENGINE RPM AND SAME THROATLE POSITION.

I dont know how much simplier I can tell you this, so stop being a ricer and be a racer!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 AM
I'm make believe

Im not sure whats funnier, you call me a ricer, saying a ko3 is more effient than a gt28 (umm r, rs, 76r, or 2871r)at 20psi, or that you still dont understand flow.

Yes 7psi of PRESSURE is still 7psi of pressure. But a k03 can NOT flow enough air to keep up with a larger turbo. The small wheels (both compressor and turbine) can not flow it. When you go larger, it moves it further in the rpm range where there is more FLOW and the turbo is moving far more air at the given psi (pressure), thus more hp, and needing more fuel.

So for the last time, 7, 10, 48psi is not the same from turbo to turbo. My entire point in the first post. I would go further but you should get the point by now.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Im not sure whats funnier, you call me a ricer, saying a ko3 is more effient than a gt28 (umm r, rs, 76r, or 2871r)at 20psi, or that you still dont understand flow.

Yes 7psi of PRESSURE is still 7psi of pressure. But a k03 can NOT flow enough air to keep up with a larger turbo. The small wheels (both compressor and turbine) can not flow it. When you go larger, it moves it further in the rpm range where there is more FLOW and the turbo is moving far more air at the given psi (pressure), thus more hp, and needing more fuel.

So for the last time, 7, 10, 48psi is not the same from turbo to turbo. My entire point in the first post. I would go further but you should get the point by now.
Wow, you just moved one step up from a ricer.
Point is right.
but K03 average efficiency is way higher that of GT28 for example.
Yes K03 does flow a lot less to give you more midrange Torque, while the same GT28 will give you the HP.
If to compare them, K03 and GT28 will have equal force output, as the torque picks would be close together.

The boost is a value of how much more CFM engine recives. A 2L engine at 4000RPM for example, would flow 4000L/min NA, would have boost of 14.7psi, preasure ratio of 2:1 and flow 8000L/m of air. if you look at all turbos that can satisfy keeping 2:1 preasure ratio on an engine 2L at 4000RPM, they would flow equal amount of air.

I think you are confused on how much air can flow at anygiven time, and how much a turbo can flow maximum.

An engine cannot have constant boost and diferent CFM if the RPM of an engine does not change. To clearify, an engine will flow a specific amount of air which does not matter to turbo size, at a specific boost at a specific RPM. K03 and GT28 would flow THE same amount of air at same engine RPM and same boost on a given engine, If they can suport it.
As you said, and you just refraised my post, GT28 can flow more air, and can keep up with the engine demant, meaning it goes all the way in the engine operating RPM range. While K03 runs more closer to mid range, and cannot suport the engine to run all the way out.
Same on an evo IX for example, my friend has one, its a nice sports car, hard on my ***, but its fast. The turbo spools up to 21psi, then it has to die as it goes forward, it tinckers down to 17psi later on.

But, cincyTT, you do go on, tell me if I missed anything on flowdynamics, becouse I did omit thermodynamics of the whole system, which plays a good roll. I feel it be to complicated to explain without writing a book.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:44 PM
4th Gear

This pretty much sums it up... Clicky!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 PM

lol, ye

Old 05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: kakarot

lol, ye
That was for you dip ****! More people laughing at your staments here.

*link fixed

Old 05-03-2007, 11:06 PM

Yo, little fagit go cry to your mama!!!

You ARE being degrated to be a RICER for the rest of your life. Go to library and get a book or something, you are missing a large chunk in thermo dynamics, flow dynamics, common logic. To bad for you I actually poses all that knoledge!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm make believe

I dont know what it worse, you thinking you know it all or bitchin when everyone else smarter than try to inform you howturbos work. You dont even know the deffinition of a "ricer" and yet call people that. You are a very....VERY sad person.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 AM

dude, let me guess you have never read anything from no books about turbos and superchargers. You just read some posts and from that you builded up your knoledge?
If you did read books, give me ISBN of them, and first sentence on page 15 and on page 43.

Quick Reply: What would be a good turbo for a 3.0L