Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Who here has a v6 audi with turbo on it, also how much would it cost to have one fabricated?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Who here has a v6 audi with turbo on it, also how much would it cost to have one fabricated?

Who here has a a4 v6 audi withturbo on it, also how much would it cost to have one fabricated? Thanks. I'm seriously considering going this routewith a a4 v6 itwould be a much better daily driver. And a beast too.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Guru
Default RE: Who here has a a4 v6 audi with turbo on it, also how much would it cost to have one fabricated?

i think the consensous(sp) is for the price of the turbo and software to make it run and then hardware.... make it fit on your car it is cheaper to go s/c...... now for your car and 5 grand you could just get a 1.8t or a6/s4.... 2.7t if you just want the hp tq out of the v6

but there is a guy that just did no2 on his v6 and loves it....... but you might find all you want by searching v6 and turbo or nitrous and v6

Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Who here has a a4 v6 audi with turbo on it, also how much would it cost to have one fabricated?

I did some research on turboing a v6 a4 but I didnt find much, im sure their people out here who have aturbo on thev6 audi like single turbo, I wish they would speak up. Me myself I would like to spend a few thousand and have a good faricator build me a 30r kit for a a4 3.2, unless atp or some one comes out with one first. I saw sofware from one company and I'm sure the other euipment I would need should not be to hard to get a hold on, orI have some stock equipment modified like injectors and clutch, etc. If not available. I think atp should build a turbo kit for the v6 audi that would be great, and i'm sure alot of people would have interest in it. I like the a4 2.0t platform and what its about, but it seems a little to laggy for me as a daily driver, the b7 a4 is a heavy car for a 2.0liter. By the way atp should start a poll to see if people would be interested in a turbo kit for the a4 v6, cause the ones on the market are outrageously priced for what they are.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

think that you have a great ideal that so many people are afraid to confront. now I know that Audi's arent hondas, but i turboed that dangon 1.6l for like 600 bucks- and it ran to 185k until i crashed it......now I know that some people with ingenuity can at least turbo a Audi SAFELY for under $2500. To be honest I would be very willing to contribute to a project like that. maybe this is a ball that continue rolling.....

also, isnt it amazing how people on forums will give you a pat response even though they really have no experince with what they are replying to.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: aoldhumbleman

I did some research on turboing a v6 a4 but I didnt find much, im sure their people out here who have aturbo on thev6 audi like single turbo, I wish they would speak up. Me myself I would like to spend a few thousand and have a good faricator build me a 30r kit for a a4 3.2,
Sorry, you are already over your budget. A 30r is $1200, a ems is $1200-1500 so you can actually tune it, and all the hardware will be plenty more. Not to mention you will still need a clutch and the compression is to high to boost to much. Best off either getting nitrous and using it when you need it or sell the car for a a4/s4

Old 02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: loydma3
also, isnt it amazing how people on forums will give you a pat response even though they really have no experince with what they are replying to.
first off.... i am the only one that replied, cause everyone knows this isn't the greatest idea in the world...... secondly, as cincy said, money plus other stuff as in compression is not going to work on the budget the guy has, which i kind of said but in a different way.... thirdly there have been a ton of people who talked about it, but never got it to work or out enjoying the new turbo on their v6 that they are not here to tell us about it

and lastly........ you will contribute how? monetarily? you will give someone you don't know money to put into their car that you will never own or get to enjoy........BS... when that happens, i will give the guy free cookies....... and i mean, once this guy figures that he is looking at least 5 grand in parts plus labor..... then he will say the same thing everyone else has said, it isn't worth it

it would be a hell of alot cheaper to get a no2 kit or to trade his v6 that apparently he is not happy with and get a 1.8t or s car

until you know what you are talking about or i see money from you out of pocket in this guys hand, have a nice day......and you only have 7 post's and i bet all of them are as usless as this one

and $5 doesn't count

Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm make believe

^ Not to mention throwing on a bunch of used and sub par parts on a honda is nothing like trying to fit a turbo in a cramped A6. His only alternative is a STS style setup which is likely to suck in water or get hit going over bumps

Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

If and when those single turbo kits come out for the v6 they better not be more than around 5k. Iplan on having a v6s4 since that is what I am looking to buy very shortly, andif and when those single turbo kits come out, and the sellers try to price it around 10k you can count me out for the most part, because it won't really be proven to begin with.Ithenwill most likly go to a fabricator who is experiencedin creating single turbo kits for v6's, who knows how to make a single turbo kit flow properly.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm make believe

run on sentence anyone? You can fit a pair of smaller turbos gt28r(s), but not one big one. So again, cost goes up.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

run on sentence anyone? You can fit a pair of smaller turbos gt28r(s), but not one big one. So again, cost goes up.
What size turbo's would you recommend using as a pair to achieve 500 whp and 500wtqon pump 93,with out drop off after they reach 500 whp and 500 wtq, and still be faster at spooling upthan using a single turbo?

Quick Reply: Who here has a v6 audi with turbo on it, also how much would it cost to have one fabricated?