North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Independent Shop in Eastern CT

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Default Independent Shop in Eastern CT

1996 A4 needs control arm (again). I will NOT go back to Hoffman in EH. Anyone know of an HONEST independent shop east of the river?

Thanks, Mary

Old 06-12-2006, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Independent Shop in Eastern CT

where are you located.. dont know how far this place is but these guys are the best in CT, and they will do anything to make sure your happy.. they know there **** and they are really honest.. refused to charge me for the chip install because he never used the re pc-16 giac software before then intalled a AFPR for free also had it over nighted for free so i could drive the car... and wouldnt take a cash tip from me as well.. the guys there are the best.. just a little slow to answer the phone but thats only because they are busy all the time..

here is a link to there web page..

http://www.momentumtuning.com/

Old 06-13-2006, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Fuzz

1996 A4 needs control arm (again). I will NOT go back to Hoffman in EH. Anyone know of an HONEST independent shop east of the river?

Thanks, Mary
Heh, yeah, they need to go out of business or something, I hate them.

I've been using Import Auto in Stonington for the past 4 years for work on all our cars: Audi, Volvo and Merc.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:28 AM

Thanks for the reply, but Wallingford is around 50+ miles away. Bringing it there would be a stretch. I live near UCONN, work in Hartford. Any ideas along that area? Do you think the guys at "momentum" might know of someone out my way? Thanks for you help.

Mary

Old 06-14-2006, 03:08 PM
3rd Gear

Im not sure I will ask around and see what I can come up with, you can try calling them they are really nice people just realy busy, the I know of a few audi shops around me but they are all closer to New Haven and then there is another speed shop in Newport that dose audi work but thats even farther away. Uconn is out in the sticks been there a bunch of times, and Hartford is a bit run down in parts and i dont know much about the area so its hard to say.. but i will ask around to see if there is anyone.. Most my my friends who own audis do all thier work themselves including myself so e dont use many shops.. and I hate giving the money to the dealer i would rather brun it

Old 06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
1st Gear

North Bay Imports, East Windsor, CT. They sell and fix and Audi's and VW's. I just started doing business with them and they've been great. Their rate is $20-30 lower than the Audi dealers in Springfield and E. Hartford. It's east of the river but only by about a mile or two; 5 minutes off of I-91.

http://www.northbayimports.com/

Old 07-08-2006, 08:47 PM
4th Gear
Old 07-21-2006, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

there is also a place in manchester called tony's foreign imports or something like that where i go and they do good work at a fraction of the dealers cost. the guys at Momentum tuning in wallingford actually told me about them so the rep has to be pretty good and i've heard nothing but good things about there work and also thru my own experiences dealling with them!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:23 AM

If you’re looking for a good shop in CT, the only person I have gone to and will only go to is "The Shop" in Norwalk. The shop is right behind speedtechnik and they are no way affiliated. Jimmy is a great guy and knows his ****! They work on all types of cars and are constantly working on Volkswagens and Audi's.
www.theshopct.com

Old 08-08-2006, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

is momentum tuning or speed shop a LLC? (limited liabilaty corp.)

Quick Reply: Independent Shop in Eastern CT