North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

nood here from ma

Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 AM
1st Gear
Default nood here from ma

havent purchased an audi yet but have been looking at a few TT coupes. Hopefully i get lucky and find something good in the next week or so

Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
1st Gear

Good luck on your search.I just got my first Audi last month.I always wanted a bmw.Almost bought one.I took a 2003 a6 for a test ride .That made my mind up quickly.Forget it bmw.Audi for me! the performance between the two was quite similar. But the ride of the Audi was incredible compared to the BMW!

Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

Alright so I have taken a look at a few TT's and will most likely be making an offer on this one on Sunday:

Audi TT Quattro 2002 88K miles

As i sit with the guy now price is at $8500. Took the car to a mechanic I found on here (Fourward Motors) for a look over. Pretty much everythink checked out ok except:
-both front tires worn (will need to be replaced)
-a bunch of the bushings will need to be replaced (sway bar, etc)
-Steering Angle Sensor code (might just be because front tires are crap and need to replaced, alligned, and recalibrated)
-and a bunch of exterior bulbs are burnt out (tag lights, corners, markers, stuff like that)

What do people think on price? I'm pretty sure I can get it closer to $8,000 but would offering $7500 be too much of a low ball? Obviously he won't accept so we would agree on something between that and 8500.
Any input appreciated