North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Stolen S4 in NJ....PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Stolen S4 in NJ....PLEASE READ!

Hi guys...as the title of my post reads, my beloved 2001.5 S4 was stolen last night sometime between 11pm and 545am from my place in Lyndhurst. I have only just moved into the area within the past few weeks. I waited a month to see how the area was before I brought it up and bought the GIAC flashloader with the "kill" mode for good measure. Apparently this wasn't enough to deter the NJ car thieves. Anyway, here's the info on the car that would maybe help to identify it along with some pictures. If you guys could keep an eye out I'd really appreciate it but the car is probably in Newark or Irvington by now unfortunately.

2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4
Plate: VHW 93T (NJ)
Distinguishing Marks: RS4 bumper, 18" Flik Justice wheels in silver

Here are some pics...I was at the Rifle Camp Park Meet with it on Sunday for the few of you that were there

Thanks again,

Travis

Old 11-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Guru

^ Good luck! Hopefully their just joy riding and nothing too bad has happened to it! Might I suggest getting Lo-Jack when you get it back?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 AM
2nd Gear

dam that sucks...ill keep an eye out for it..im in jersey city, another possibility of where it could be lol...u got full coverage?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Site Moderator

Nice guy and a beautiful car.

Please keep an eye out everyone.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

I meet you on sunday. I will def keep my eye out in Newark

Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Update! Car has been recovered!

Well guys...I really lucked out.

Lyndhurst PD just called me a little while ago, the car was found about a block or two from my place. Lady who lives near where it was recovered noticed it was parked oddly and called the police.

Thanks for all of the help and the good luck wishes. I really appreciate it. I guess I will be spending the rest of the day researching more insurance upgrades and searching for a more secure parking spot for it.

If you guys could suggest any security upgrades besides the GIAC kill mode that they have used and have been proven effective I'd appreciate it. Like I said in one of my other posts, being up in an environment like this where theft is so common is new to me so any pointers (aside from getting something that isn't a B5 S4) would really be appreciated.

Thanks again!

-Travis

Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
2nd Gear

boot? my boy has a civic. he got used to it and puts it on every night, its automatic for him now. car's never been stolen.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

SO how did they get it? Did anything get damaged ?

Glad you got it back.

People around here will do anything.

My inlaws woke up to a couple of guys pushing there G35 into the street and trying to jump start it by pushing it with an SUV. My father inlaw yelled out the window and they just left it inthe middle of the road.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Slut

I told you I was borrowing it... sorry bout the parking job, Im still gettin the hang of this parallel thing.

Seriously though, that sucks. Was there any damage?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Another update

Ok guys here is the latest update I can give.

I haven't seen the car yet so I don't know the total extent of the damage. Just know the door lock and ignition cylinder are torn out and the back bumper is damaged. I'm assuming they used the method fade2black mentioned of pushing out of the spot then trying to push it away and start it with the help of another car. Luckily the GIAC "kill" mode did it's job and they couldn't get it started so they gave up a few blocks away.

Once I see it and get some pics I will update again. Thanks for all the help and good luck wishes!

Quick Reply: Stolen S4 in NJ....PLEASE READ!