Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story... Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

Mudding with some bad results!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Mudding with some bad results!

so the other day it rained like a bitch out here and behind my school is a giant field. Well with all the rain it turned to mud, and all the guys thought it would be fun to go mudding. we ended up goin out, my bud was in his a4, I was in my other friends truck, and we had a WRX with us too. ( I def did not want to take my FWD cabriolet out in the mud, that is just asking for trouble.) So we went out and were having a great time, some people got stuck everyonce and awhile but we would just pull them out with the truck winch. So we were cahorting in the a4 when we saw the WRX get stuck. We thought no problem, we will just go get him. well driving over in the truck it got stuck cuz the mud was so deep, so we had to enlist some help just to get that unstuck. well we could not get to the WRX so the driver kept tryin to get it out, and blew out the turbo, and threw a rod. so we had to leave it there untill the field dried out. That ended out great time. so now he has a car stuck, and an engine to rebuild which i find kinda funny. But thats my great mudding story.

NYankee

Old 05-01-2007, 02:04 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Mudding with some bad results!

My dad used to go mudding in his 1972 Land Rover. When you're stuck, the key is to go slowly, not race the engine till it explodes. Digging yourself into a pit is no way to get out of anywere[&:]

Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
3rd Gear

You all should invest in a allroad! hahaha jk

Old 05-01-2007, 07:32 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I almost bought an allroad. It was either that or the A4, but the allroad they had was an automatic and I wanted to auto-x so, yeah, stick wins. ^^

Old 05-02-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

ha ha I dont even think an Allroad would have made it out of this stuff, he just didnt keep his momentum up. it defiently needed to be towed out. well he learned his lesson 4 grand later.
stick is def the way to go,i could not imagine driving a preformance or off road vehicle with out one.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

With the right tires and driver skill, and if the vehicle isn't up over its wheel wells in mud, you can get out if you have patience. The key is to crawl and not dig yourself four little pits.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
3rd Gear

Tires make the difference, audi and subaru dont have the tires for offroading. My allroads tires arent even that great offroad. But some good ones could have got you out. But who puts mudders on a subi or audi?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: myaudi98
But who puts mudders on a subi or audi?
Audis not that many. Subarus well more than u think the ones from the 1980s with part-time 4x4 with high and low can do some amazing stuff!

When my audi gets real old i was thinking about trying to lift it and put some off-road tires on it how cool would that be?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear

yeah, i have seen some old imprezas with big tires.. havent seen any wrx's though. I would love to put some big tires on mine to see what it could do!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

Big tires on an Audi? I don't think its physically possible, even if you lifted it. I think you would end up blowing the engine when it got too sticky, like the WRX. big tires have more resistance when used in mud, causing more stress. I almost killed my old exploder offroading in the mud.

Quick Reply: Mudding with some bad results!