Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9-11-2001

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
2nd Gear

I was sitting in my cubicle 1/2 block away at work when the first plane hit. I could feel the shockwave up through my feet and thought a f'n bomb just went off. Everybody on the floor went over to the windows and looked out and saw the devistation . I was looking at the second tower and the blowthrough from the second plane hitting came directly at out building. A sight that will forever be burned into my memory, all the debris falling out of the sky as well as the people. I got on the last ferry to leave NYC and did not know the towers collapsed until I finally made it home.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Zombie Defense Force

I was just waking up for school in 9th grade, parents were in denver looking for homes and i was in seattle with a babysitter for the week. my heart goes out to those who died, may we never forget.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jasondmaguire
I could never watch the movies about 9/11, it always makes me mad that someone is making money off of my friends deaths.
Also for everyone who comes to New Your and visits Ground Zero,
When you go there and take pictures with big smiles on your faces remember that 2,752 lost their lives in the towers. So please be respectful. It make me angry when I see people taking pictures and they are acting all goofy. It is a grave. How would they feel if I went to a cemetery where their friends and family were buried and took pictures in front of their graves like a jackass?
Thank you. I've been a part of the protests against the Flight 93 movie, and I think it's a horrible crime against humanity. It's fine to remember those brave souls, but that is absolutely the wrong way.
I've been to New York City, this summer, and being at Ground Zero was possibly the most humbling experience ever. The sense you get from being there is indescribable.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

A senior in HS I was in my AP Chem class, turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit. My dad's company Holmatro makes hydraulic rescue tools and he worked as a firefighter in New England, he knew most of the Firefighters that went into the towers before they collapsed. That night was one of the two times I have ever seen my dad cry. The next day he was up in New York working with the rescue crews in NYC trying to get people out of the rubble.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:58 AM
4th Gear

i remeber waking up turned on the tv seeing it and thinking it was a movie. Then i saw the second plane hit and was like oh ****.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 AM
4th Gear

I was at home, caring for my one year old daughter and trying to play with her while choking back the horror. All I could think was what will her world be like.
I lost a friend who worked for Cantor Fitzgerald that day.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I was a Jr. in high school and the radio was confused when they said that a plane hit the tower. I turned on the tv to watch the second one hit and was in class when they fell. My dad was just there the week before with the possibility to go back. He didn't go back for like 6 months. One of those things I will never forget.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Kasey923
Thank you. I've been a part of the protests against the Flight 93 movie, and I think it's a horrible crime against humanity. It's fine to remember those brave souls, but that is absolutely the wrong way.
Don't mean to disagree - but I watched both of the movies (Flight 93 and World Trade Center). It was stirring and remarkable to see what occurred that day - though Flight 93 is mostly speculation from what happened inside the plane - to see how we reacted on the ground when everything we took for granted came crashing down upon them.

None in the control centers could had imagined what was happening and it showed.

But what truly, deeply burns my *** is these nit-wits who claim that 9/11 was an inside job. Would have loved to stuff them in the planes when they hit and see if they still feel the same.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 PM
5th Gear

i was lying in bed listening to the bob & tom radio show, second semester of college. They said a plane had hit one of the towers. Thought that was pretty crazy. Laid there a minute longer, and they said a second plane had hit the other tower, and it didn't really look like an accident anymore. Jumped out of bed and turned the TV on. Skipped all my classes and stared at the TV all day.

I dont know anyone who was hurt/killed that day.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 PM
5th Gear

I was in fourth grade, and I just remember my teacher coming in and telling us not to be scared but that two planes had hit the Twin Towers.

I didn't know anyone that was killed, but the uncle of a classmate watched it happen from his apartment.

I remember my mom being very angry when she picked me up from school that day.

Quick Reply: 9-11-2001