Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ACORN is nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:50 PM
3rd Gear

Obama at a December 2007 Democratic Presidential rally:

"Before I even get inaugurated, during the transition, we're going to be calling all of you in to help us shape the agenda." This is what Obama PROMISED ACRON activists. "We are going to be having meetings all across the country with community organizations so that you have input into the agenda of the next Presidency of the United States of America."

Wow, this guy really wanted these people to have an active voice in making his agenda? But he will deny vehemently that he has no ties or underlying bias which would favor them......

Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Guru

Didn't he work for ACORN early in his political career?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
5th Gear

whoa whoa whoa...

back up.

WTF is ACORN?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:09 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
Didn't he work for ACORN early in his political career?
He trained a bunch of volunteers or some ***** like that

Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
3rd Gear
Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 AM
2nd Gear

And their illegal voter registration ties to Obama.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...more_subs.html

And of course Obama lies about the ties:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77813

But even the Wallstreet Journal confirms his self admitted ties to this corrupt organization.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...436798004.html

Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 AM
1st Gear

I love how it immediately goes back to Obama. Yeah, the videos are ridiculous and scary, but that has no ties to Obama. All he ever did was train them on how to do effective fundraising. That doesn't make him involved in some kind of conspiracy or link him to the fraudulent voter registrations.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
Obama at a December 2007 Democratic Presidential rally:

"Before I even get inaugurated, during the transition, we're going to be calling all of you in to help us shape the agenda." This is what Obama PROMISED ACRON activists. "We are going to be having meetings all across the country with community organizations so that you have input into the agenda of the next Presidency of the United States of America."

Wow, this guy really wanted these people to have an active voice in making his agenda? But he will deny vehemently that he has no ties or underlying bias which would favor them......
Take it in context. He is trying to get their ideas on how he can best effect change in the inner city communities. He is not saying, "I want you to come in and tell me how to let you guys enable prostitution and sex trafficking." The whole statement is that he wants to reconnect the federal government with the small communities across the country to get their ideas on how to get the nation back on its feet.

He made the same promise to a bunch of different community activist organizations, just because one is doing bad things doesn't make Obama as bad or even on the same level as them.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 AM

I think it was really smart the way Andrew Breitbart from biggovernment.com decided to slowly release these videos. It has given ACORN and the media a chance to expose themselves for what they are. ACORN's response to the videos continues to transform as more videos have been released. The major media networks have continued to ignore the story even as congress passes legislation to cut funding. The story is growing as confidence in the media is shrinking.

Breitbart promises that more videos will be released form cities that ACORN claims denied to speak to the investigators.

Its pretty cool that two ordinary citizens can force action by congress and can be more informed than an entire media organization.

Here's alink showing Obama's involvement with ACORN and his attempt to distance himself from them:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/200...-due-from.html

It would be wrong to connect Obama to the corruption at ACORN, but he is being less than honest and transparent about his relationship with them. However, I do believe that his campaign violated federal election laws by working with ACORN.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...ked-major.html

Megyn Kelly of Fox News recently conducted a 3 hour interview with ACORN founder Wade Rathke. Should be some interesting stuff in it. In one clip that was shown, Rathke said that ACORN might consider ceasing voter registration efforts because of the negative publicity. He seemed to say that this would hurt the ability of poor people and minorities to vote. He also said that people should automatically be registered.

How hard is it to register to vote? If I walk into my local library there are free voter registration forms. If poor people and minorities cant register without the help of ACORN-like organizations, I seriously doubt that they will make an informed and responsible voter decision. I think that sometimes the push to vote does more harm than good. If you dont know anything about the people on the ballot, and are too stupid to know how to register, should we really be pushing you to vote? Maybe this is one of the ways that career politicians are ruining this country. They manipulate the uninformed for their own benefit and pretend that they are doing the community a service.

Im sure some of you disgree with this view. But my thesis advisor has been living in this country for over a decade and has a PhD in Physics and shes not allowed to vote. But ACORN wants to push voter rights on some crackhead on the streets of Baltimore.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gigantor
I love how it immediately goes back to Obama. Yeah, the videos are ridiculous and scary, but that has no ties to Obama. All he ever did was train them on how to do effective fundraising. That doesn't make him involved in some kind of conspiracy or link him to the fraudulent voter registrations.
You are right. Obama is not in anyway connected to illegal voter registration and prostitution. But like I said in my last post, he has been dishonest and less than transparent about his relationship with them. His campaign has also been accused of breaking federal election laws in connection with ACORN.

Quick Reply: ACORN is nuts!