Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Acura RSX going to be Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Administrator
Default Acura RSX going to be Discontinued

wow im surprised they are dropping that model
but i guess it really doesnt belong in the acura line becasue is isnt really a luxary car
and they do have the civic si and the tsx

im sure some of those JDM people will be crushed

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/...-coupe-coming/

Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Acura RSX going to be Discontinued

Nah even a huge Honda Fan like me could careless.. I never liked the way they looked. I always hated Acura for changing the name from thee beloved Integra..RSX just doesn't have the same appeal..

LONG LIVE VTEC

Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
2nd Gear

I really hope they make a coupe TSX now.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:49 AM
5th Gear

i was shocked when i heard that too considering they were everywhere i looked but rsx's are lame anyways. good riddance.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

I read a couple months ago that they plan to replace the RSX with a higher class more luxurious vehicle. There is really no need for it anymore since they came out with the new Civic Si, it's basically the same car but wit a stock limited slip. Smart move on their part IMO to discontinue before sales plummeted...

Old 09-16-2006, 02:34 PM

They renamed it the RSX instead of the integra because in America names dont equal a luxury status i mean even Cadillac is doing away with names Deville is now DHS, the XLR, and the Seville is now just STS. Major Luxury marks Mercedes BMW and Audi. NO cars with names well Allroad but u get the point.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

Its time for change anyways, its a 6-7 year old model. It isnt as luxurious as it should be, My dad owns a TL and an RSX and I've driven both. The TL is damn nice but the RSX is way too spartan and cheap feeling inside when its the same thing as the Si but doesnt feel any nicer. A TSX coupe would be nice, the TSX is one of my favorite cars and I'm interested in seeing what it looks like.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:43 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

They renamed it the RSX instead of the integra because in America names dont equal a luxury status i mean even Cadillac is doing away with names Deville is now DHS, the XLR, and the Seville is now just STS. Major Luxury marks Mercedes BMW and Audi. NO cars with names well Allroad but u get the point.
Hah thats a good point, never thought about that.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 PM
4th Gear

I highly doubt they'll actually go with a TSX coupe. They're going upscale and more mature... thus dropping the RSX. A coupe just doesn't fit their mature image. Though... to debate my own point... they did reciently release TL Type S pics......

Old 09-17-2006, 05:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

some of the posts on the bottom of that page are retarded, saying all german cars suck and their accord could smoke a 330 any day, and RWD sucks, our cars are better in some ways and theirs are better in some ways

Quick Reply: Acura RSX going to be Discontinued