Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The affects of 400hp and youre mpg

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: The affects of 400hp and youre mpg

Obviously, if you have 1.8 liter engine generating 400 horsepower, that's a 266% increase in engine output. Now, taking into account that each cycle of the engine still only uses 1.8 liters of fuel and air, that's almost a 1000% increase in economy, even though the preceived economy goes down. It's all basic thermodynamics, because since the theory of relativity states that the closer you get to the speed of light, the more mass you take on, the more energy comes out of the system because the kinetic energy is higher from the heavier components. So, 400hp at 1000rpm becomes almost 800hp at 10000 rpm. It's almost like free energy, since at that speed, your intake creates a wormhole vortex and you can channel energy from dark matter into it, which has a 300% power to weight ratio. Thats why speed limits should be higher!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:11 AM
3rd Gear

I have a buddy who has a 2gen DSM pushing 526hp to the front wheels (yes it's FWD, lol). We calculated his HWY MPG one road trip out to 26MPG

Old 11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: jonus079

what where in the hell do i suggest that your always using max power any where in any of my posts?? holly sh*t its clear im not gunna prove anything to you audi guys (some of you), youre just gunna ignor me and give me redicluous claims but appeartly thats cause you guys know everyone thing about turbos. not those guys making 1000+hp, not the guys who actually race thier turbo cars for a career, in other words not those guys who i have persnoally talked to who actually build car and dont buy kits. if those guys at trubomustang or ls1tech tell me one thing, i can guarenttee they know their ****. think ill take thier word for it. christ.....
You are special. You prove it moreand more daily. You think you have a clue and you just dont. Im glad you finally took down the turbos in your sig since you obviously have 0 knowlege about them and how the work. You basically know the big ones make more power and have more lag and thats it. If your so obsessed with V8's and shitstangs, go play with them and stop puking bad info on our good forums and derailing every thread with worthless crap.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: CLX

Obviously, if you have 1.8 liter engine generating 400 horsepower, that's a 266% increase in engine output. Now, taking into account that each cycle of the engine still only uses 1.8 liters of fuel and air, that's almost a 1000% increase in economy, even though the preceived economy goes down. It's all basic thermodynamics, because since the theory of relativity states that the closer you get to the speed of light, the more mass you take on, the more energy comes out of the system because the kinetic energy is higher from the heavier components. So, 400hp at 1000rpm becomes almost 800hp at 10000 rpm. It's almost like free energy, since at that speed, your intake creates a wormhole vortex and you can channel energy from dark matter into it, which has a 300% power to weight ratio. Thats why speed limits should be higher!
I feel BOTh dumberer AND smarter, having read that[&o]

Old 11-27-2007, 04:47 PM

^^^ haha agreed

Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

My degree in parathermoectonamics with a minor in phlebotomy has paid off!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:57 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^^ Parawhat?[&o]

Old 11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: CLX

My degree in parathermoectonamics with a minor in phlebotomy has paid off!
There went the "Smarter" part...[]

Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

You are special. You prove it moreand more daily. You think you have a clue and you just dont. Im glad you finally took down the turbos in your sig since you obviously have 0 knowlege about them and how the work. You basically know the big ones make more power and have more lag and thats it. If your so obsessed with V8's and shitstangs, go play with them and stop puking bad info on our good forums and derailing every thread with worthless crap.
+1(and i never do that with Cincy's posts[8D])

you obviously hate audi's, and anything to do with them, Jonus.. all of your sigs are anti audi. you never help anyone here. you never contribute for any greater good of these forums. you don't listen/comprehend/have any sort of intelligence. and all you post here is thread D-railing, off topic posts. which most of them usually end up in arguments..

please, link me to your ls1tech and turbomustang threads that have these "god's" among men's brains, that tell you all of this obvious, and asinine false information. i would love to here what these guys have to say, and would love even more to set them strait..

so please, link me. put it on here, or PM me. i don't care..

but after you do, after i prove your idols wrong, just delete your account and stay over on the V8 forums. as there is obviously no place for you here

Old 11-29-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

+1(and i never do that with Cincy's posts[8D])

you obviously hate audi's, and anything to do with them, Jonus.. all of your sigs are anti audi. you never help anyone here. you never contribute for any greater good of these forums. you don't listen/comprehend/have any sort of intelligence. and all you post here is thread D-railing, off topic posts. which most of them usually end up in arguments..

please, link me to your ls1tech and turbomustang threads that have these "god's" among men's brains, that tell you all of this obvious, and asinine false information. i would love to here what these guys have to say, and would love even more to set them strait..

so please, link me. put it on here, or PM me. i don't care..

but after you do, after i prove your idols wrong, just delete your account and stay over on the V8 forums. as there is obviously no place for you here
yea i guess youre right. i must really not have a clue. i guess setups like this come out of luck huh?

nevermind all the custom fabricating and designing, nevermind the ~575 rwhp im putting down (only limited by the size of the turbo) and nevermind the custom wiring for stand alone use (im sure you guys can do that right??)...any clueless moron can do that right? man if a clueless person like me can create that setup, i bet you guys get really nasty when it comes to this stuff! id ask you to show me but i can already imagine what your ride is like.

yea right. BL*W ME!!!

this is making me think. my other car is gunna be done soon. maybe i should boost the hell out of my 2.8 and put it to the limit, just to spite you 1.8t A4guys. and YOU KNOW i could do it to. a big single turbo, custom manifolds, alcohol injection, 60lb injectors (i dont go by cc's)....hmm. prolly wouldnt even cost me much since i do all my own work (except maybe tunning) not that cost is really an issue.i can see it now...fastest b5 a4 and its a 2.8 lol. you're right, i dont belong on these forums. these kiddy forums are boring. PEACE!!

Quick Reply: The affects of 400hp and youre mpg