Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody else read this.. UFO documents

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:03 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: anybody else read this.. UFO documents

i'm with bluoval....what makes you guys think we're so intelligent??? you gotta think outside the box....our definition of 'smart' is only as 'smart' as we are!

Old 03-23-2007, 08:03 PM
4th Gear

For some intelligent life out there, I'm sure we're just another petri dish amongst the shelves...

Old 03-23-2007, 08:06 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

To think that we humans and planet are special and that we are the only ones in this great vastness is just simply idiotic and selfcentered.

I also dont think its mathimatically possible for life not to exist somewhere else given the numbers we are dealing with.

I personaly believe.

I would strongly suggest that people watch Carl Sagan's "cosmos".
thank you! couldn't have said it better myself

Old 03-23-2007, 08:07 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

I doubt there is any other life out there, and if there is they are extremely far away and probly aren't any more intelligent than us and it will be a LONG *** time before we meet eachother. If aliens were coming to our planet, they wouldn't just sit up there in the sky and then disappear, like all these supposed UFO's do. They would have contacted us by now. All the times people think they UFO's, i believe they are just seeing experimental crafts made by some gov't (most likely ours) the gov't keeps A LOT of **** from us
Or maybe they know that we are not ready for something like that yet. We are to young and primitive to be able to handle something as complex as finding out that mankind are not the supreme leaders of the world, that we are not the only ones, that we are not so special after all. MOST people on this planet would not be ready for something like that. They are too caught up in their own lives and fantasies. Also do you realize that if that was to happen the foundation of the most dominat religion would be shattered? If i put myself in a the shoes of a being that is a million years ahead of us, i wouldnt want to talk to human kind until they are mature enough to handle it.

I believe that the human mind at this stage of our evolution would not be able to handle the fact of someone being far more superior than us.

And since im a believer, i think that all these sightings is a way of buttering us up. Which would make sense. We do it to our pets and to other less intelectual creatures.

ORIGINAL: BFlan2001

what makes you guys think we're so intelligent??? you gotta think outside the box....our definition of 'smart' is only as 'smart' as we are!
Ofcorse we are inteligent! The 2nd most inteligent thing we can compare ourselfs to are apes.
We are as inteligent as our ability to think outside the box and our ability to look past our noses. if you know what i mean.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:16 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

I doubt there is any other life out there, and if there is they are extremely far away and probly aren't any more intelligent than us and it will be a LONG *** time before we meet eachother. If aliens were coming to our planet, they wouldn't just sit up there in the sky and then disappear, like all these supposed UFO's do. They would have contacted us by now. All the times people think they UFO's, i believe they are just seeing experimental crafts made by some gov't (most likely ours) the gov't keeps A LOT of **** from us
Or maybe they know that we are not ready for something like that yet. We are to young and primitive to be able to handle something as complex as finding out that mankind are not the supreme leaders of the world, that we are not the only ones, that we are not so special after all. MOST people on this planet would not be ready for something like that. They are too caught up in their own lives and fantasies. Also do you realize that if that was to happen the foundation of the most dominat religion would be shattered? If i put myself in a the shoes of a being that is a million years ahead of us, i wouldnt want to talk to human kind until they are mature enough to handle it.

I believe that the human mind at this stage of our evolution would not be able to handle the fact of someone being far more superior than us.

And since im a believer, i think that all these sightings is a way of buttering us up. Which would make sense. We do it to our pets and to other less intelectual creatures.
Are you talking about Christianity? As for me and I know a lot of other people that would NOT be suprised if there was life in otehr places.

Josh

Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Are you talking about Christianity? As for me and I know a lot of other people that would NOT be suprised if there was life in otehr places.

Josh
Im sorry i didnt make it clearer. I didnt mean the whole of religion, just some certain aspects.

And most of people that i see and talk to that are religious would have a very hard time.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BFlan2001

did the same God create that life too?
I would say yes. I am not religious, but i am a spiritual person. I do think that "God" if you want to call it, or this force that animates and binds all things into existance is responsible for everything.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
4th Gear

Sheesh! They are waiting for us to develop warp technology first - doesn't anyone watch Star Trek anymore?!?!?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

LOL

Josh

Old 03-25-2007, 08:39 PM
2nd Gear

You'd think that after developing the technology to travel many times faster than the speed of light they'd have figured out a way to observe earth without Farmer Joe watching their cute little saucer hover over a corn field (why are they always so interested in hovering around corn fields?)

Quick Reply: anybody else read this.. UFO documents