Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own an Ipod Nano?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 12:28 PM
6th Gear
Default Anyone own an Ipod Nano?

Just picked one of these up. Pretty cool little gadget. Anyone know of any sites with good accessories (ie: arm bands)?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone own an Ipod Nano?

don't think there's any good accessories yet. they don't even have a cover yet. but be careful because a friend of mine bought one and the second day the thing snapped in half like a twig!! haha

Old 10-10-2005, 12:49 PM
6th Gear

Yikes. I've heard a lot of problems with scratches to the screen. So i'm being really careful thus far.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

yeah scratches have always been a problem for the ipods. as long as you're careful you should be ok. and i say if theres a hard case that comes out for this thing, definitely get it. it's too delicate.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 PM
3rd Gear

I refuse to use anything that tells me where and when i can copy music. There are far better MP3 players out there on the market, namely Creative ones. With those you can do what the hell you want with the music, etc, without having to get around the programming... I-pods are a bit too 'fashion concious' for my liking, and for men who are suspiciously well dressed...

Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
2nd Gear

Even if they scratch easily, they are pretty strong overall. Mine has had about 4 major accidents since i've had it, i have an ipod mini. I dropped it once on the pavenment while running with my dog and basically the entire bottom where you'd plug into it came out and brought some of the stuff inside out with it. I popped it all back in and it's still fine. It flew across my car and into the door once when I was driving erratically. And then there have just been a few other incidents where it's dropped off something high and then once it fell and ricocheted off a few things on the way down to the hard floor.

So I wouldn't worry about it breaking that easily.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:38 PM
4th Gear

If you are worried about scratches, you could get a pack with a few PSP screen protectors in it and cut them down to size to fit your nano. Looking at the size of that screen, you should be able to cut about 4 out of each one. It's just a piece of plastic that sticks to the screen. You can take it off and/or change it as often as you like. You can get them on Amazon or any of the video game stores.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
2nd Gear

the mini's and 1st - 4th generation ipods are actually really durable. but the nano's aren't from the things i've heard so far. the screen protector is a great idea. i got the 15gig 3rd generation one thats pretty scratched up so i don't really care about the screen that much anymore. as long as it still works.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

Head on over to www.ilounge.com where they can tell you anything you want to know.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

arm bands?
WHat? No 100mph-tape leftover from your deployment?

Quick Reply: Anyone own an Ipod Nano?