Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Cool, I've got one
25.42%
Cool, but not for me
49.15%
Lame, I'd never get one
22.03%
Lame, but I have one (and am an idiot)
3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Default Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?

I'm sure you've all seen the stickers with the Audi rings that spell out dope. What do you guys think? Cool or lame?

Also, if I get one, what size should I get?

Name:  imagephp.gif
Views: 2232
Size:  1.3 KB

Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Slut
Default RE: Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?

how much of a follower do you have to be to ask approval as to whether you should rock a sticker or not? if you like it then get it, if not dont....

Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
6th Gear

well, I have a very particular stance on the dope sticker, and my stance is shared by a few here on the boards.

First you need some history, which was told to me by 2.8_tuner, abo9ut the sticker. it was originally created by a west coast group and was only given to Audi's deemed to be dope enough to display the sticker, and so the legend was born, but as you know, to turn a profit it started to get whored out and lost it's original meaning.

So I think the stickers are awesome and I will get one... when my car is dope enough to deserve one.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_801104/tm.htm - read this and you'll gain my perspective

Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM

i like em. actually want one. where you gettin them? cheaper in bulk? enough people for a cheep(er) group buy? Id want 2 or 3 of em. Im not sure of the sizes when the first guy on the zine made them in two sizes. Perhaps 4 and 6 inches. What color were you thinking of getting.

-My vote goes to cool.

^^^Just read up on the dope history. My vote is still cool, but thats assuming the original guidelines of the vehicles "dopeness" is adhered to.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

how much of a follower do you have to be to ask approval as to whether you should rock a sticker or not? if you like it then get it, if not dont....
On the contrary. I was getting a feel for how many people had them. If everyone said they had them then I'd look at them as kinda played out and probably wouldn't get one. Besides, its not like I base all of my life decisions on what others say. Oh, what color underwear should I wear tomorrow?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
CIA
1st Gear

my question is: what message do you want to say by putting a dope sticker on your car??

Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 PM

This is the way I saw it before I read Cab's post. Some people buy Audi's because they have money, or its just a car that is available in their area but really don't give a sh*t about their car. I was thinking it was kinda more for people who loved their Audi and wanted to show that they were into this kind of thing. But now that I know the story behind it I think I will hold off until my car is cool enough to be deemed "dope."

Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i think they are alright. i would never put one on my car just because i have seen way to many and i drive an audi so i am a leader not a follower.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: germantech

i think they are alright. i would never put one on my car just because i have seen way to many and i drive an audi so i am a leader not a follower.
I am gonna take off my AudiForums decals now. [&o]

Beside Ant said they make the car looks dirty. [8D]

Just kidding.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM
4th Gear

They're dope. Only on tastefully modded out cars though...I dunno, driving around with a dope sticker on my car would just give cops another excuse to fvck with me. I already have to deal with dwb lol

Quick Reply: Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?