Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Cool, I've got one
25.42%
Cool, but not for me
49.15%
Lame, I'd never get one
22.03%
Lame, but I have one (and am an idiot)
3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

im pretty sure the decal was created by someone out in Cali (like CAB mentioned)
I think more specifically a member on 'Zine..

I think it was more a "group" thing that certain cars / members that hung out, rocked on their cars.
& since i really dont hang out on the 'zine or go to too many of their events, I'd much rather rock an AF decal
yeah it was a group called Audiwerks out in Cali. the decal only belongs on cars that are actually "dope". if your rockin a stock or even close to stock audi and have that sticker, thats gay[:'(]

Old 03-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Guru

i got one on my car, but i got more than 5 grand in parts on it..... not to say you are calling me it, but if that is gay..... then so be it

the reason i like it, it is differnt, just like my car

there are maybe a handful of guys around me that drive non stock(stock looking)a4's

Old 03-08-2008, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

None for me thanks.
My Audis are too old to be "dope", and that's fine with me.

Different strokes.....

Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Default dope Audiwerks!

"dope" was the logo we chose for Audiwerks (Audi Enthusiasts)!

PAT3CO and FILMAC created and initiated the vector vinyl design of "dope" and cut stickers and t-shirts for Audiwerks/Da Team So Cal. We did runs to vegas and runs up n' down the coast together, met in OC and Encino often, and some peeps even went off to build really really fast motors like Charlie with black avant. Regardless, we all became good homies and had fun with moddin' the rides. Some extreme and some basically clean. There is a rumor that Audiwerks/Da Team/"dope audi" may regroup and our careers n' families are settled. We'll see. I want to because it was hella' fun and gave me a break from my busy life!

My "dope" Audi, 2001.5 A4 Avant:

Last edited by FILMAC; 04-03-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Here at Oregon State, there is a blacked out allroad with one. the wheels, trim (grill etc) is painted black, he removed the Audi rings from the back gate and put a bright *** green dope sticker in place of it. at first i thought it was cool, then the more i looked, the more tacky it got, stood out way to much.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 PM

they're lame.

Name:  CRW_0032.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  49.0 KB
Name:  CRW_0005.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  48.6 KB

Old 08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Default No their cool... and cheap on ebay

I like the look of it on my car, and like the guy said... Different is cool!

These are the ones I got for my Audi 90Q

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MESOX:IT

Attached Thumbnails  Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?-dope-.jpg    Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?-.jpg    Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?-d.jpg    Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?-e.jpg    Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?-i.jpg  

Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
5th Gear

I has the t-shirt, but not from any affiliation with the cali group.

Stickers on my car: Axis Motorsport, and Buttsecks Tonight!

First is a friends online store, second randomly showed up on my car the morning after a crazy party. The car next to mine got a Gay Buttsecks Tonight! sticker, so I wont complain about what I ended up with.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Ehh I think the stickers are pretty cool, but there's no way I'd scrape off the sexy chrome rings on my trunk to put a sticker in their place. Maybe a small one on a window or somethin? But as stated, I'm in no way deserving of the dope logo yet, but I'm workin on it

Old 08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear

The explanation of the origin and meaning of the sticker can be respected but if your going for a clean modded look, which by itself is DOPE, then leave the stickers to the honda/acura guys. People who know the cars will know they are DOPE without putting a sticker on it. Stickers don't belong on these cars because you look like a poser - IMO.

Quick Reply: Audi "dope" stickers: Cool or Lame?