Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audi Ad

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Ad

Well We just got our new project. We have to make a TV commercial that lasts about 30 secs. We can do whatever we want, and i decided to make an commercial for my audi.

Any ideas? I wanna do some cool shots. Im having alil block.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Audi Ad

something to show the greatness of quattro

or some cheesy salesman trying to sell a honda...we did that for my vido production class, and we filmed in a junkyard..t was sweet as hell

Old 11-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Senior Administrator

I like teh Quattro angle. Get a 1/18th scale Audi model, and fab up some fake-***'d buildings in a nice downtown diorama and do a l'il stop-motion animation of an Audi climbing a building! cut in a few live shots of some pitchman expounding on the benefits of Quattro, and you're set!

Oh, and, post the vid in Sights&sounds after you get yer A+++ on your ad!

Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

Ideas sound good.
Anyone know of a good video editing program i can download?

Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Senior Administrator

Ihma Genie-***... I have magikal POOTS!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Wait so what?

Old 12-01-2006, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

Have someone film you and your g/f driving the car with some cool jazz playing...in the background you change the light to simulate the change of seasons...you would obviously change clothes (shorts & a tank for summer, Halloween outfits, scarves for christmas) with every season change and at the end you have "Audi a car for all seasons...for the man or woman for all seasons)

Old 12-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Iceman9100

Have someone film you and your g/f driving the car with some cool jazz playing...in the background you change the light to simulate the change of seasons...you would obviously change clothes (shorts & a tank for summer, Halloween outfits, scarves for christmas) with every season change and at the end you have "Audi a car for all seasons...for the man or woman for all seasons)
^^^yeah, and cut in some shots of the model car (with two small figurines you'll now hafta figure out how to dress like you & yer girl, thanks to Iceman's suggestion) climbing up teh sides of those buildings (which'll now hafta ALSO show seasonal weather changes[:@] Thanks a LOT, Ice

Old 12-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I like teh Quattro angle. Get a 1/18th scale Audi model, and fab up some fake-***'d buildings in a nice downtown diorama and do a l'il stop-motion animation of an Audi climbing a building! cut in a few live shots of some pitchman expounding on the benefits of Quattro, and you're set!

Oh, and, post the vid in Sights&sounds after you get yer A+++ on your ad!
Combine that with some in car vid of you driving around the city.. so it will look like horrible CGI or something you can also get a suction mount for your camera and put it on the outside of your car next to your front wheel.. that alway makes for an amazing angle shot!!

Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Site Moderator

Adobe premier and macromedia flash are great for video editing. Flash is more for graphics and masking though which would be cool for an intro to the commerial. Hell Windows movie maker is easy and can be useful too.