Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Owners Clubs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Owners Clubs...

Anyone a member of a club? I am considering joining, but I have some concerns and would much like any real world anecdotal experience...I am going to contact them soon, but thought I'd ask here too...

My concern is that the nearest club to me is 200+ miles...sure it's a good excuse for some driving but I am concerned I may join and then not make the effort.

The tech days look REALLY cool, but what other stuff they got going for them other than meeting for breakfast and such?

Let me know your thoughts, and thanks in advance!

admin - feel free to move this, I wanted to get more than just regional views, but didn't think this fit into tech sections :idk:

Last edited by SlackJaw; 04-07-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Senior Administrator

Which club are you thinkin of joinin?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Which club are you thinkin of joinin?
They got one in Kansas City.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

here's a bump...still interested in opinions...but still haven't got off me lazy *** yet to just give them a call...

Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator

I don't know what type of "clubs" you are referring to but I'd say AF is sorta like a club.

For us here in SoCal (and I know the NY region does it too) we have occasional GTG's, canyon runs, cruises, and poker tournaments. It's really a lot of fun and everyone is welcomed.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
I don't know what type of "clubs" you are referring to but I'd say AF is sorta like a club.

For us here in SoCal (and I know the NY region does it too) we have occasional GTG's, canyon runs, cruises, and poker tournaments. It's really a lot of fun and everyone is welcomed.
yeh, definitely if I'm going to be travelling like that, I'll certainly be looking for a meet....my problem I'm in Tulsa, about as in-between of So Cal and NY region as I could get

Audi America has "official" clubs, the closest to me in Kansas City...

I only ask, as I know some dudes in a Corvette club and they enjoy the hell out of it....local dealers and corvette reps come talk about new developments at their meetings, sponsor events, and they have tech days where they open up a garage with lifts and dudes can work on their cars and help and see other people what they are doing on their models...

just wondering if anyone had an Audi perspective.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Start one in Tulsa. Recruit a couple of people, they bring in a couple of people....

before you know it you will have a good local network of folks with a diverse background and skill set all with a shared interest in their cars.

Just a thought.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Start one in Tulsa. Recruit a couple of people, they bring in a couple of people....

before you know it you will have a good local network of folks with a diverse background and skill set all with a shared interest in their cars.

Just a thought.
yeh I give that some thought occasionally...

Don't see a real buttload of Audis around here...

Just made a local acquaintance here on the site...so that's a start

Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator

From what I know, the official Audi club usually does track days and occasional fancy dinners here and there (when Audi releases new cars). One thing I'm not certain about is the fee you have to pay monthly (at least the one I was looking at requires a fee). Most of the people tend to keep the car stock, which I'm not a fan as I love modding.

Like said, you should start your own club. I also have several local Euro guys that I hang out with. We all live in the area and we met through networking or by some "hey nice car" at a local gas station.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by thomas1985
Joining a club is so refreshing.why are you thinking you cant come regularly?Once you join a club u'll have an urge to meet the other members.And however you'll make time for it.give a try.
as far as the KC club, my concern with regular attendance is due to the fact that it's a couple hundred miles away

I think I am going to watch their calendar and just drop in on them for a meeting at some point here.